PDA

View Full Version : VU+ or 8000

Comfysofa
19-05-11, 13:51
Im sure this has been asked before but, the reason for me asking is a little different....i have a VU+ - i wanted a 8000 but couldnt afford it, i have a friend who has asked me the same question but for him money is not the issue. ive said to him if it was me id have gone for the 8000 like a shot, ive never had a dreambox hd anything (ive got a couple of 7025s) and theyve been brilliant and still get used....could any one give me their opinions...?

Larry-G
19-05-11, 14:52
Im sure this has been asked before but, the reason for me asking is a little different....i have a VU+ - i wanted a 8000 but couldnt afford it, i have a friend who has asked me the same question but for him money is not the issue. ive said to him if it was me id have gone for the 8000 like a shot, ive never had a dreambox hd anything (ive got a couple of 7025s) and theyve been brilliant and still get used....could any one give me their opinions...?

the dm8000 is a fantastic box but its also a vastly over priced box. personally i would not have one as the support is not really there for this box.

Enzo
19-05-11, 15:45
Hi

Hi

Check out the Clarke-Tech ET9000, I also have the DM8000 and I see no difference here,but the big price difference, the picture quality is the same

pooface
19-05-11, 15:51
As others say, box wise, there's hardly any difference, apart from the image support ... it's simply just a case of the hardware. If your friend wants the ability to have a 4 tuner (I think 2 are dvb-s2, the other 2 can be dvb-s2/t/c) box with a built in dvd drive, then I would say go for the 8000. However, if he'd be happy with a twin dvb-s tuner, and the possibility of a dvb-t usb addon (which can also be added to the dm8000 to make it a 5-tuner box I think), and happy to just use a usb dvd or no dvd at all, then I would say either the duo or the et9000. No point in getting the dm8000 just because you can imo. But then again, people go out buying the most expensive car around because they can afford it, whereas a ford fiesta will do the same job (albeit not looking so "cool" :p)

Comfysofa
22-05-11, 08:16
This is true.....i did say to him if it was me then i would have gone for the 8000....personally i prefer all the tuners in one box. One of the things that i miss with the VU is barry allen, love the way it works on my 7025's, want to try something (load it on and select from the boot menu - easy) not as easy with anything else....+ plus (and i dont keep up with the politics of groups....) wasnt there something a couple of years ago with the vu when a group (cant remember their name) was doing images for the vu and the 8000 then suddenly stopped supporting the vu and went to the 8000 only, from what i remember that was a big loss as they were supposed to be very capable (this was just before i got mine) - i was doing a lot of reading up as i deviated from dreambox ownership years ago and got a tripledragon, probably the worst purchase ever, had it for a month just about managed to get rid of it on ebay for 100quid....its only from being on this site that i got a vu+ and i have gotta say ive had more use and functionality from this than the 7025's - dunno why but something always pulls me toward dreamboxes....heh - thanks for the info from all of you - ill have a look at the clark tech though - never knew about that one...

Larry-G
22-05-11, 08:30
i have had a DM7020 since it's launch and it still works as flawlessly today as it ever did, i also have a DM600. now i am not nocking the dremabox as i think they are fantastic boxes but in my opinion they are vastly overpriced when compared with boxes such as the Vu and the clarke tech line of receivers. i know several people with the DM8000 and they are very happy with their purchases but i could not justify the huge pricetag just to have the ability of two more tuners and a dvd drive. i will in all likely hood buy a DM500HD before the year is out purely for testing purposes but thats about as far as i will go with DM. as i now prefer the Vu line my self.

Stanman
22-05-11, 20:40
I think your talkig about the dreamelite team, pick a day and it will be a new reciever they support.

Cam't see the rationale of spending that much money for two extra tuners, its only a matter of time before USB T2 or S tuners are available for the boxes, VU wins hands down in the common sense saving money stakes.

Comfysofa
23-05-11, 08:30
Actually, that begs the question....when is the DVB-T2 support out for the VU's???

silverfox0786
25-05-11, 01:34
Actually, that begs the question....when is the DVB-T2 support out for the VU's???

at this present moment in time there is no info on this from vu