PDA

View Full Version : formatting Hard Drive ?

shadowman007
18-05-11, 19:24
I need some help I have installed a 1tb Hard Drive in my brand new Vu+Duo so how do I format the hard drive know ? do I need to flash the VU+DUO first with a image ? or can I just turn it on format the hard drive and then flash it ?

punisher
18-05-11, 19:28
the duo should come with the original image install so you should be able to switch on and if you nagivate to hdd menu then you can format from there and intialize it and mount it as media/hdd. once thats done then you can install the vix image or any image you want

shadowman007
18-05-11, 19:36
the duo should come with the original image install so you should be able to switch on and if you nagivate to hdd menu then you can format from there and intialize it and mount it as media/hdd. once thats done then you can install the vix image or any image you want

Hi thanks for that also can I use VU+DUO original image and not change it at all and still use cccam or somthing like that sorry I am new to all this

Larry-G
18-05-11, 19:40
Hi thanks for that also can I use VU+DUO original image and not change it at all and still use cccam or somthing like that sorry I am new to all this

you can use the original image with softcams but the original image is very basic. i would recommend you use the original image to setup the HDD then flash the box with the VIX image and go from there. you wont regret it.

shadowman007
18-05-11, 19:46
you can use the original image with softcams but the original image is very basic. i would recommend you use the original image to setup the HDD then flash the box with the VIX image and go from there. you wont regret it.
So am guessing VIX image is the best :) which one is the latest version ? also once i do flash my VU+ will it replace the orginal image or do i need to delete it myself ? Thanks

Stanman
18-05-11, 19:48
Reflash will replace the orginal image, think of like installing a new OS, nothing should remain of the old one after a new image is flashed.
latest one is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7415-ViX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v2.1-24-03-2011

Larry-G
18-05-11, 19:50
it's a personal choice as to which image to use but as your on the home forum of the VIX team and i am a VIX team member i am going to be a wee bit bias towards VIX, but honestly i do think it is the best image to use.

yes the process of flashing a new image will erase the previous one and replace it with your chosen image.