PDA

View Full Version : My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

bassethound
07-06-10, 14:20
My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

I will start with the worst first:

The box packaging is the worst i have seen for a electrical item no padding whats so ever very poor just wedged in the box.

The box seems very cheaply built with very cheap plastic looks very down market it wobbles on my tv stand the feet are not secured properly.

The remote is not the best i have used very small buttons and very soft un-response some times, some off the buttons could have been placed better.

Some good things:

Easy to flash and set up if you are used to E2.

The SD and HD look very good.

I know its a new box and the software will improve other time and make this a smashing little box.

If any one is thinking of buying a TM800 i would wait and see what the VU+ solo is like before parting with your cash as this box feels very down market perhaps im spoiled using a VU+ Duo.

cypchris
08-06-10, 23:42
make sure you download the vuplus support channel settings from the blue button on the tm800 ;-)

hashman
09-06-10, 11:55
correct me if i'm wrong, but the TM800 runs Enigma2 as well like Dreambox and VU+ ?

if so, i didn't know that! lol

bassethound
09-06-10, 12:09
correct me if i'm wrong, but the TM800 runs Enigma2 as well like Dreambox and VU+ ?

if so, i didn't know that! lol

It does run a E2 image but its a million miles of being as good as a VU+ yet, but the hardware is there to do the same as the Dreambox and VU+ one day LOL

a5hf4k
10-06-10, 19:54
need help with this cuz i just got the box its ok not the best but it will do

the tm 500 and 600 are esy to work
now thw tm 800 is hot the same i whant to now how to accses the roo off the box to trasfer ccam on it
i try on dcc but no luck it just come up with a blank page and tryin to acces on the net by typin the ip add it just say page not found

need asap thank

cypchris
10-06-10, 23:36
you need to ftp into the box and put your cfg file in var/etc you can use various programs to do this an easy one to use is filezila which can be found here
http://filezilla-project.org/
make sure you get the coorect ip from the network adapter settings then the user name should be root and the password left blank for now

bassethound
11-06-10, 15:43
Bad news my box died yesterday getting a full refund of my supplier i will glad to see the back of it.

I think technomate should have waited another 6 months before releasing the box to the public who are all being used as beta testers

Retired member
11-06-10, 15:51
Thanks for posting, it doesn't give me any great pleasure to see I was right about this one, I'm glad now though I chose not to put them on general sale, still plenty of work needs doing on these before they can be sold as 'fit for purpose', a shame really....

paul362
11-06-10, 18:59
I think ill go for a VU solo if i want a single tuner High def unit can't fault my VU Duo.

leeuk
15-06-10, 20:12
the problem is technomate won't pay a proper Dev team to fix the firmware they have UR_team and that is about it, if they pay a proper Dev team like the rest of the Enigma2 receivers on the market it will be a good box

they could release the source code so others can have ago but they just don't seem willing

philipx
19-06-10, 15:33
Just a quick reply to some of the negitive posts, my tm 800hd working a treat picture superb, fitted with the latest software very easy to figure out and install, still quite a bit buggy but if they can sort out the problems this sat box at the price will do well

paul362
19-06-10, 15:38
Thanks for the positive feedback on the TM800, but whats the build quality like ? also you say its buggy ! that paired with the fact that they are very cheap looking is why people (including me) are saying we would rather wait and get a Vu Solo for the money.

philipx
19-06-10, 15:42
Never had or seen a Vu Solo just dream and technomate so cannot compair but my dream was not HD new telly samsung LED SD on dream was crap on tehnomate both SD/HD better

paul362
19-06-10, 15:48
I see your point there and that explains the feedback ! i use the technomate 600 series and they have been quite good that's why im so surprised @ the reviews of the TM800's ? if you get a chance to look @ the VU's in real life then you will probably notice the difference straight away.

philipx
19-06-10, 15:48
Never had or seen Vu Solo only had DB TMate so cannot compare new telly S/Sung LED SD on DB was cr*p on TMate both SD/HD better by miles, Build seen better once they sort out bugs good value for money

paul362
19-06-10, 15:52
I think you will find the VU Solo is almost the same price if memory serves me correct.

Must admit though VU could of put a front display on there .

Retired member
19-06-10, 19:41
The bottom line is though they don't do what they were advertised as going to do (yet) and in my opinion I find it highly unlikely they ever will.... For example, something simple like the internal HDD, does this feature work yet? Adding external HDD via USB or perhaps an external card reader via USB, does this work yet? CCcam as a server using the internal card slot, does this work yet? I'm afraid to say the answer to all of these are no...

You may think they are making progress, in my mind they are not, these are not 'bugs' to sort out they are real problems..... We had one to test weeks ago now and that at the time was given as BETA software, and with that in mind you will accept bugs in it, no problem with that..... Weeks later and here we are and I see the same problems still on there and no fixes and I have no confidence in the UR team given they have never been able to fix the issues with the TM-500/600 to date, they still don't work now as a CCcam server with the white card running the latest 2.1.4 version, this to me is a major thing and something they've never fixed.

The fix for the TM-800 has been to basically block every feature possible and then work backwards, they are using a modified PLi image for a DM800, they are not supported by PLi and are not likely to be.... Sorry for me they are just not cutting it, the choice of a TM-800 or a SOLO? No choice at all, it'd be the SOLO every time!

paul362
19-06-10, 19:53
The bottom line is though they don't do what they were advertised as going to do (yet) and in my opinion I find it highly unlikely they ever will.... For example, something simple like the internal HDD, does this feature work yet? Adding external HDD via USB or perhaps an external card reader via USB, does this work yet? CCcam as a server using the internal card slot, does this work yet? I'm afraid to say the answer to all of these are no...

You may think they are making progress, in my mind they are not, these are not 'bugs' to sort out they are real problems..... We had one to test weeks ago now and that at the time was given as BETA software, and with that in mind you will accept bugs in it, no problem with that..... Weeks later and here we are and I see the same problems still on there and no fixes and I have no confidence in the UR team given they have never been able to fix the issues with the TM-500/600 to date, they still don't work now as a CCcam server with the white card running the latest 2.1.4 version, this to me is a major thing and something they've never fixed.

The fix for the TM-800 has been to basically block every feature possible and then work backwards, they are using a modified PLi image for a DM800, they are not supported by PLi and are not likely to be.... Sorry for me they are just not cutting it, the choice of a TM-800 or a SOLO? No choice at all, it'd be the SOLO every time!

I think that says it all about the 800 so we pays our money and takes our choice I suppose ! Me " I would defo go with VU over TM .

bassethound
20-06-10, 11:18
I would recommend to any one thinking of getting the TM800 wait 6 months and see how it develops the new images seem to be 2 steps forward and 3 back at the moment.

The TM dev team should concentrate on fixing the the core problems 1 at a time they seem to be trying to fix 6/7 problems on each new image release.

reddishd
06-07-10, 16:11
OK, Can confirm that the usb works with Smargo+ cardreaders i am running 2 one with the white card. the recording function now works with a usb stick I maneged to record Topgear in HD and playback on my computer. I do agree that this box has been released far to soon. But it looks nice with the black piano finish.You need to install a fan technomate i have and it runs very cool now, I could of fryed an egg on it before with the server running on it. If the UR team sort the other issues out like the internal card reader Fancy selling a satellite box with no card reader working. Shocking!

fdlsys
19-07-10, 15:14
Interesting that about the heat. Experience with my box & buddy's of mine - no fan, running 24hr/day (never in standby). Far less heat than TM9100 with hard drive in it. Even if you do install the HDD iside - modern 2.5" drives are very cool compared to 2-3 yrs ago - I cannot imagine it overheating... stange.
Are you giving it enough space to radiate the heat out of the case?

Sicilian
19-07-10, 15:16
TM are now fitting fans to the TM800 and now stay very cool.

fdlsys
19-07-10, 15:24
Is it quiet? Where did they fit it? Can't say that I remember off-hand that there is a an existing place to fit it in... did they modify the chassy/cover?

Sicilian
19-07-10, 15:32
They've mounted on cover and yes very quite ;)

fdlsys
19-07-10, 17:31
Nice! So, no modification to existing cover? I wonder if Technomate will be sending fans free of charge to existing customers :( :( :( Grrrr...

Sicilian
19-07-10, 17:59
Nice! So, no modification to existing cover? I wonder if Technomate will be sending fans free of charge to existing customers :( :( :( Grrrr...

No, it has a new cover too, so the fan can be mounted. Maybe contact TM direct for more info.

fdlsys
19-07-10, 19:10
Darn... I'll try. Thanks a lot Sicilian!

fdlsys
22-07-10, 10:05
From another forum. I know the person well and can vouch for what he says.

Thought I would post this here.
My TM,s tuner is far better than the one supplied in my DM 800,I have a number of HD channels available on s k y and some are fringe signals that break up on the DM,not so on the TM.
S k y sports 1 hd has long been a source of problems for many DM 800 owners where it has continuous picture break up, as sais with the TM it is non existent,can feel an email to DM on its way for a replacement tuner..

witchy
01-08-10, 22:53
Although I had no heat issues with my TM800, Technomate offered me a replacement machine with the fan pre-installed and the Wifi adapter.

I got to say, the TM800 is now actually cold to the touch, not cool but actually COLD, it's much colder than my room temperature.

I don't understand why everyone is so negative about it, yes the software is needing some serious work but we've been promised that everything is being worked on, we've also been promised that they will be releasing the source code once they are happy with it, and if rumours are to believed there are already a few mainstream groups working on images - although a quick search on all the big boy sites give no indication of any such work.

Why do people say it looks cheap and tacky?

I happen to think it looks rather stylish, in piano black with it's dot matrix VFD display. :)

IMO, on paper it reads as a better machine than the Vu+ Solo, but it's sorely lacking support, an area where the Solo soars in comparison.

basilyoung
01-08-10, 23:11
think that will change, (images/surport)

but do not have this unit at the mo

are you the big bad wolf in sheeps clothing?? :eek:

baz

witchy
01-08-10, 23:27
are you the big bad wolf in sheeps clothing??

lol, big bad wolf?

basilyoung
01-08-10, 23:48
woff wooff

hope you enjoy the forum

baz

witchy
02-08-10, 01:13
lol.

Do you suspect I am someone else?

I joined here coz Sicilian posted an EPG fix for the TM800 on DWorldz Forums, so I thought I'd pop along and check the place out.

I'll be selling my TM800 as soon as the images mature and buying a Vu+ Duo as the Duo has much better support. :)

Sicilian
02-08-10, 05:36
I joined here coz Sicilian posted an EPG fix for the TM800 on DWorldz Forums, so I thought I'd pop along and check the place out.

If anyone is wondering about the EPG fix its the Rytec EPG plugin, it works on the TM800 too http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?831-Guide-to-install-Rytec-EPG-Importer-to-VTI-image

witchy
02-08-10, 08:26
Yup, and it works great mate, good work. :)

koshba
12-08-10, 15:05
does any1 know how we can change audio,from say spanish to english or german to english,it keeps saying not available??

bassethound
12-08-10, 15:18
Update to latest image then press the audio button to change language if its simulcast on that channel not all channels send more than one language

koshba
12-08-10, 15:34
iam certain i have have this on atm TM800-UR-15-07-10

perhaps i forgot to try this
To change remote command >>> press "EXIT" 5 times in front panel circular blue light will blink 3 times after that its ok

koshba
13-08-10, 14:28
does any1 know how we can change audio,from say spanish to english or german to english,it keeps saying not available??

Update to latest image then press the audio button to change language if its simulcast on that channel not all channels send more than one language

Hi mate,which image are you using??
thanks

bassethound
13-08-10, 16:58
The last image that has been released is "TM-800 HD -15-07-2010" there is a new image promised soon that should fix most of the bugs!!!!!!!!!!

You can look here for all official technomate releases.

koshba
13-08-10, 18:59
yes iam sure that is the image i have but still no multi audio option,keeps saying not ready

fdlsys
13-08-10, 20:44
What exactly does it say in that "... not ready" message?
Because, it's either
- the message is for some other function (your remote is "reversed" and you are hitting who knows which function)
- or your image is VERY old. Audio switching has been supported in the last 2-3 images, I'm quite sure.

Tyler
22-10-10, 22:24
What is the best image for tm800 hd?

Sicilian
22-10-10, 22:41
What is the best image for tm800 hd?

Images here m8
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/list.php?board=tm800hd

Tyler
22-10-10, 23:34
Sic, which one would u recommend?

Sicilian
23-10-10, 05:39
Sic, which one would u recommend?

The latest dated 25-09-10.

Have you purchased one? Our sponsor has them for £239.99 now http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Technomate-TM800HD

The firmware is quite 100% complete, but its nearly there. For watching TV its absolutely fine and the image is based on a PLi image.

fdlsys
23-10-10, 17:54
It's a bit of a mixed bag - latest images support PVR to a "usable degree", but they suffer from serious lip-sync problem.
Earlier images - no PVR, but much better sync; in my case, with 10100920 image, the sync was 100% perfect.
As far as I know, 20100925 introduced a whole new set of bugs, and it was withdrawn from the Beta images download site within hours since it was released.

Tyler
25-10-10, 18:08
Ya Sic, I got 4 spiderboxes from sponsor for friends.
That is where i will buy all my stb's in future.