PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] CrossEPG stuck on Internal Flash

18-05-11, 18:43
Hi,

I'm using Vix 2.1 and I have done all system updates and am also using the latest CrossEPG update which is: crossepg_0.6.2

However on CrossEPG I only have the option of using the internal flash as storage device. I have a usb mounted on the Duo and when I press left/right it wont show. Just says Internal Flash.

Is there something wrong.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks

punisher
18-05-11, 18:46
Hmmm try reformatting your usb either on pc or via the device manager then you need to make sure its mounted as media/usb and then try crosssepg and set up as usb

18-05-11, 18:57
Hmmm try reformatting your usb either on pc or via the device manager then you need to make sure its mounted as media/usb and then try crosssepg and set up as usb

Hi, did that already before setting up CrossEPG stuff...

bassethound
18-05-11, 18:59
Try using this excellent tool for formatting USB "HP windows Format Utility for USB"

just a word of warning if you have any USB HDD attached make sure you choose the USB stick before formatting :p

18-05-11, 19:55
Ok i'll give that a try.

Just to mention I also have a internal HDD installed. Would it be best to save epg data to the internal hdd. I use the flash pen for picons aswell as epg.

punisher
18-05-11, 20:00
i store both picons and epg on usb stick and so do most people but its entirely upto you. i just use my hdd for timeshift and recordings

18-05-11, 20:07
Try using this excellent tool for formatting USB "HP windows Format Utility for USB"

just a word of warning if you have any USB HDD attached make sure you choose the USB stick before formatting :p

Tried this and it still doesn't work. On Vix menu settings i have chosen USB Stick. But on CrossEPG settings i only have option of Internal Flash for storage device. Arrrgh so annoying.

What version of CrossEPG do you guys use?

18-05-11, 20:11
Ok now on the Vix Setup screen when i select USB stick it asks to restart gui. When I press ok and box restarts when I go back to this screen it goes back to Internal Flash.

ceremony
18-05-11, 20:19
i have the same problem! but i select the hdd.
the movies can i watch from the hdd!?

18-05-11, 20:22
Ah man this is crap. :(

punisher
18-05-11, 20:32
you might need to try a reflash and dont restore settings and then do full online updates and try it again that way, could be some files might of got corrupt

18-05-11, 20:35
you might need to try a reflash and dont restore settings and then do full online updates and try it again that way, could be some files might of got corrupt

hmm could be. May I ask what version of CrossEPG you use?

I did update my CrossEPG to one posted on this link:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8456-CrossEPG-ENIGMA2-mipsel-0.6.2-svn-300-r0-OE1.6&highlight=crossepg

Thanks

punisher
18-05-11, 20:38
the version i got 0.6-svn-301-r1

18-05-11, 20:43
Interesting. Mines is 0.6.2 svn 300-r0 OE1.6 since I manually updated it. Wondering if that has a bug in it which is causing the internal flash problem.

Is there anyway I can downgrade without reflashing the entire box again?

punisher
18-05-11, 20:49
if you can find the older version of the plugin and uninstall the one u have and re-install the older version. i dunno if it will work but give it a try, if not then you might need to reflash

18-05-11, 21:34
if you can find the older version of the plugin and uninstall the one u have and re-install the older version. i dunno if it will work but give it a try, if not then you might need to reflash

Alright i will give it a try. Do you use any of the multi sats on your crossepg settings?

18-05-11, 22:57

Hi, managed to find an older version and downgrade. Seems more stable now with giving option so I can just use the USB stick and it stays on that so far even after rebooting the box. The newer one must have some issues with it.

Now is it possible I can update the xepgdb providers?

Thanks

punisher
18-05-11, 23:01
give it a try, i only use open tv but try it

19-05-11, 14:04
Hi,

I've downgradeded back to 0.6 version and it now stays on USB when selected. No more going back to internal flash. Yippe! There must have been an issue in 0.6.2

Now is it possible to update the xepgdb sources manually?

stick50jr
19-05-11, 15:07
Now is it possible to update the xepgdb sources manually?

Yep, just have a look at the sources files in usr/crossepg/providers. Take one of the xepgdb '.conf' files as a template and create a file that has the infomation necessary for the source you wish to use.