PDA

View Full Version : DVD player plugin problems

wopr
18-05-11, 10:48
Hi all,
After installed dvd player plugin from repository, I've tried a Network mounted DVD drive from my PC, i can see vob files, but dvd don't won't play. Seem start playing when i press ok on video_ts folder but i get only a black screen.
There's not any config panels for this plugin. I need to change some config file?
I've tried with some original dvd.
Any suggestions?

silverfox0786
18-05-11, 18:26
IRS possible that the data transfer rate is not good enough so u get a blank screen

pooface
18-05-11, 19:08
I have had problems with dvd player plugin, exatc same symptoms. Will try with the new drivers if I remember tonight, and let u know. What image were u using?

Sent from my MB511 using Tapatalk

wopr
18-05-11, 23:08
i'm using last Vix, the best right now.
I've tried to backup dvd on internal et9000 hdd: sometimes works, sometimes not. Dvd backup read by dvd drive from my pc works until main title screen, after locks. Original dvd do not works at all.
So i don't think it's a transfer rate issue. I'm using a cable lan no wireless or power lan.
I hope too, that new drivers will solve problems regarding media player, dvd, divx xvid etc.

pooface
19-05-11, 10:18
i'm using last Vix, the best right now.
I've tried to backup dvd on internal et9000 hdd: sometimes works, sometimes not. Dvd backup read by dvd drive from my pc works until main title screen, after locks. Original dvd do not works at all.
So i don't think it's a transfer rate issue. I'm using a cable lan no wireless or power lan.
I hope too, that new drivers will solve problems regarding media player, dvd, divx xvid etc.

bah, knew there was summat in particular I wanted to test last night. Transferred a dvd backup over to the hdd last night before dinner, but then after dinner missus watched tv, and totally forgot... Will try tonight

wopr
19-05-11, 11:31
Imho the problem is about audio format. Different dvd have different audio tracks in different formats, and sometimes when i reset audio, dvd magically starts.
But you're using new drivers so you just tell me if with new drivers this kind of problems was solved.
I'm impatient to download Vix 2.2 within new drivers.

pooface
19-05-11, 22:28
Well, I just tried a dvd I backed up a while back (in to .iso format), and that played perfectly. First off, got a green screen, but that was because I forgot to install the dvd player plugin :p However, once isntalled, it played great. One little prob I did have, was that I couldn't tell what I was selecting from the menus, as nothing changed. Pretty sure it did on the original dvd and my dvd player, so guess it's just either the plugin, drivers, or the image?! But at least it is defo working for me...

wopr
19-05-11, 22:50
Great news:thumbsup:
Hope new relase will coming soon.