PDA

View Full Version : Help: Vu+Duo Tutorial A to Z

shadowman007
18-05-11, 06:16
Hi am new to all this Cccam so all the help will be appreciated I just bought a brand new VU+Duo receiver also bought a 1TB hard drive which I have installed that’s all I have done not yet turned on the duo receiver so please can you tell me what I need to install in order. I am sure the receiver does not come with a built in cccam or a image ? Please if you can tell me all the things I need and maybe links to them Thanks

Alias1
18-05-11, 06:44
Seeing as you are to lazy to read the stickies :(
1. Download a image I suggest VIX and unzip it if necessary
2. Format a USB to FAT32 and put the image on it.
3. Stick the USB stick in the front slot power the unit off and power it back on should say reading USB flashing etc then finished.
3. After finished take out the USB power box off back on again
3. Set up the box via the wizard.
4. Format the HDD once you have fitted it to the box
5. Look at this site for where the cams are available for download and go from there.

Couple of things invest in agood ftp program I bought flash fxp cost about $30 dollars for a lifetime of updates.
Set up flash fxp to use crimson editor as default for editing files unlike notepad it does not stuff up linux files (crimson editor is free on the net)
This should keep you busy for about 10 minutes :)
As an example I loaded edgnemis on my Vu+Duo yesterday for fun from start to finish ie having pics with oscam and mgcamd took me 5 minutes (plus flash time) then again I have some experience

Sicilian
18-05-11, 06:44
You should start by reading the stickies ;) Also an introduction would have been nice as your first post :)

shadowman007
18-05-11, 07:06
You should start by reading the stickies ;) Also an introduction would have been nice as your first post :)

Yes i should read the stickies but don't no which one to read first they are all over the place :D also Alias1 thanks for that I also wanted to no how do I add channel bouquets ?

Alias1
18-05-11, 07:16
dreamset or dreambox edit

shadowman007
18-05-11, 07:19
dreamset or dreambox edit

Thanks and also what about somthing called Picons ? am guessing these are images of the channels how do I make sure that each picon goes with the right channel ?

Stanman
18-05-11, 19:28
Where are u based and what channels u using, if 28.2E use silverfoxes bouquets and his picons are linked to his channels.

Easiest way to see what picons u have missing is to load your bouquets with dreamboxedit IHAD edition enable the picons location, its in options and picons and you specify the location of your picons. When you load your bouquets it will also load the picons, if any are missing you need to rename them with their channel refs. this you can get from menu and info and about, than go to your picon and rename it to the same refer.