PDA

View Full Version : Ipad or which tablet?

Sicilian
18-05-11, 05:30
Thinking about buying a tablet PC, not sure weither to go with a Ipad 32GB or a Android tablet. Opinions please :)

Can the ipad2 be jailbroken?

silverfox0786
18-05-11, 07:22
I had an iPad and to me it was a overgrown iPhone but then I would go for iPhone over android but then again u will get mixed reviews here that will be this or that so best for u to go have a play go to apple store and have a play then go have a play with a android see what u like

At present no ipad2 can't be jailbroken

OldSkulRide
18-05-11, 08:30
i suggest Samsung Tab 10.1 which will come out soon. On engadged you can find review which is very promising.

There's just no other way to say it: the iPad 2 finally has a real competitor. If Samsung could somehow undercut Apple by even $25 here, the choice would be obvious, but it's going to have a whale of a time convincing the masses that a Samsung device is superior to one Designed in California when prices are equal. That said, we'd still recommend the Tab 10.1 over the iPad 2 for heavy Gmail users and all-around fans of Android. And hey, at least this thing can take advantage of Music Beta, if you're into it.

pooface
18-05-11, 09:57
Personally, I wouldn't really be able to answer this without actually going and having a play with both in the flesh... But, I would say that I would likely be swayed towards the samsung because of how much more open android is compared to ios...

Sicilian
18-05-11, 10:06
I've also been looking at the Motorola Zoom, any opinions on this?

pooface
18-05-11, 10:35
I've also been looking at the Motorola Zoom, any opinions on this?

I haven't tried the xoom, but I know that motorola android phones are quite restrictive... I purchased a flipout to keep me going while waiting for phone on insurance. It's locked down, so cannot install a custom rom (to be able to use newer android of versions usually), so am stuck with any motorola releases... So, I would say to stick with a highly popular device (and, afaik, no samsungs have been difficult to put on custom roms...)

Sicilian
18-05-11, 10:42
How about the ACER Iconia Tab A500 or ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 ?

bassethound
18-05-11, 10:44
There is a great review with vids of the up-coming Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Limited Edition

looks like the one to put on your short list of android tablet

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/17/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-limited-edition-review/

bassethound
18-05-11, 17:31
Found a great review of the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5411/asus-eee-pad-transformer-review

Stanman
18-05-11, 19:18
Not used it myself but its had good reviews so far, though the price os off putting.

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/flyer/overview.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=HTC%20flyer&utm_campaign=Model+-+HTC+Flyer&utm_content=saBWs7yU6!pcrid!9782321502!plid!!kword !HTC%20flyer!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-tablets/htc-flyer-review-50002609/

pooface
20-05-11, 14:49
Just had this email come through. Only 500 in stock apparantly, and 50 already sold. It's only 7" though, so dunno whether it's a deal breaker. But at £250 sounds a steal...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-P1010-Tablet-7-LCD-Touch-Webcam-x-2-/290565421764

Sicilian
20-05-11, 16:50
Bit too smal i'm afriad, but thanks anyway :)

pooface
20-05-11, 17:58
Thought so, but seems quite a bargain for what you get. On the hunt goes :p

Sent from Tapatalk

cmargach
25-05-11, 17:06
I own an iPad and android tablet and I personally would go for an iPad 2 a greenp0ison jailbreak is coming out soon according to there web site

silverfox0786
25-05-11, 17:24
i didnt like ipad 1 but then it beats the tablets in my opinion so an ipad 2 ahould be a good one to go for

pooface
25-05-11, 23:05
i didnt like ipad 1 but then it beats the tablets in my opinion so an ipad 2 ahould be a good one to go for

Why'd you say it beats the tablets? Just interested, as in my opinion, I much prefer the android os on the dog & bone that ios on the ipod touch... I don't like a few little things about the ipod touch, and the back that there is is more like a home button on android ... really miss being able to press a back buttonto easily navigate. Might be different on ipad ... But I think I'd prefer android personally...

silverfox0786
25-05-11, 23:57
Why'd you say it beats the tablets? Just interested, as in my opinion, I much prefer the android os on the dog & bone that ios on the ipod touch... I don't like a few little things about the ipod touch, and the back that there is is more like a home button on android ... really miss being able to press a back buttonto easily navigate. Might be different on ipad ... But I think I'd prefer android personally...

after having a play with a google g1 first android phone ever made and my brother having so much trouble with it software always crashing he had it changed 5 times in its 2 year contract from which he then got the iphone 4 which he never complains to me about

then me my self having htc phones on windows mobile and transitioning to a sony erricson x10 mini i found the menu so annoying and tedious and as for the lg gt540 i gave that to my brother as again the menu system was so hard to find and get to grips with

and i to have a iphone and have in teh past had a ipad and fount its just much easier to navigate and menus are clear and easy to find

but then thats just me

i still have my windows mobile 5/6 htc phones and i like them again for the menu its nice and easy i just find android to complicated to handle

oh and the lg doesnt sync to andriod on the lg software and i know its a sofware rather than hardware fault which i never have when syncing an iphone to itunes

but like i said thats my pros and cons not every one is the same an some ppl swear by the android some ppl swear by iphone me personally i wouldnt swear by either but i think its like the DUO and ET-9000 its a close call