PDA

View Full Version : 15.8e problems

specialized
17-05-11, 17:02
im trying to get tring on 16e ,
VU+ DUO
VIX 2.1.4 image
thing is , i always search for each sat then save then backup the image.before i reflashed the box i had no probs with 16e and tring but now i flashed it im having probs manually trying to find tring.
when i go into the sats 16e is blanked out but 15.8e/16e is ok so in the tunder config i give 15.8 a postion in the motor = 16 but no matter which transponder i use i cant get it to find it.
also , in tuner config 16e isnt there on its own , can someone help please .

Larry-G
17-05-11, 17:09
either load a new satellites.xml file to your box with the correct loaction or go into your satellites.xml file and change the header for the satellite there

open the file with windows notepad and look for this line
Eutelsat W2M (16.0" flags="1" position="160">
if yours says 16.0 / 160 change them to 15.8 / 158 or if they show 15.8 / 158 change them to back to 16.0 / 160 then save the file and restart the box.

jjp2701
17-05-11, 17:13
sorry for butting in on this thread, but i have just downloaded a new sat.xml, now what i want to do is use this new sat.xml, but on this new sat.xml it says 15.8e and on my list on sat box it says 16.0e. what do i do to put this new one in and make sure it is showing 15.8e ?

and after i resolve this, do i after rescan again, or can i put someones sat list on afterwards ?

t.ph
17-05-11, 17:17
If your unable to do what pheonix has correctly stated you could download the plugin here Click me to download the plugin. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8407-Satelliteloader-Editor) to see if that works for you. If you still have problems then you will have to manually edit.

Larry-G
17-05-11, 17:17
sorry for butting in on this thread, but i have just downloaded a new sat.xml, now what i want to do is use this new sat.xml, but on this new sat.xml it says 15.8e and on my list on sat box it says 16.0e. what do i do to put this new one in and make sure it is showing 15.8e ?

and after i resolve this, do i after rescan again, or can i put someones sat list on afterwards ?

it should just be a matter of putting the new file on your box then doing a GUI restart, however if it does not work edit the file as i showed above. and yes it's best if you do a rescan after putting the file on your box, as this will pull in any channel changes the new file allows you to find.

Larry-G
17-05-11, 17:21
If your unable to do what pheonix has correctly stated you could download the plugin here:http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8407-Satelliteloader-Editor to see if that works for you. If you still have problems then you will have to manually edit.

i am using that plugin my self and it works very well , although i'm waiting for a new motor to be delivered so i cant test it on any thing other that 28.2 east sky uk.

t.ph
17-05-11, 17:26
It works for me ok with no changes being needed for 15.8/16.0 or 0.8/1.0 which makes a change as i usually have to manually edit.

jcm193
17-05-11, 17:26
tring has changed from horizontal to vertical rescan with the same transponder and your get it again

Larry-G
17-05-11, 17:27
It works for me ok with no changes being needed for 15.8/16.0 or 0.8/1.0 which makes a change as i usually have to manually edit.

cool, once i have this new motor in place i'll test it on other satellites than 28.2 east.

jjp2701
17-05-11, 17:37
right guys i have been pulling my hair out on 16e now it is all workin, all i done was downloaded the latest sat.xml from here
http://satellites-xml.eu/

then i went to dcc went into etc/tuxbox and replaced with the new one, then rescanned it, and voila all is good happy days

Larry-G
17-05-11, 17:41
right guys i have been pulling my hair out on 16e now it is all workin, all i done was downloaded the latest sat.xml from here
http://satellites-xml.eu/

then i went to dcc went into etc/tuxbox and replaced with the new one, then rescanned it, and voila all is good happy days

as i said replace the satellites.xml file. that is far the easier way to do it. the little nerd in me though likes to go into the file and change the header from time to time too, just because he can LOL.

specialized
17-05-11, 19:24
i copied the new xml over and scanned and a few of the trings for footy dont work any idea's ?.

Larry-G
17-05-11, 19:27
what does not work ? you cant tune into the channel or you cant decode the channel ?.

also did you do a full rescan of 16.0 / 15.8 east as there has been a frequency change on at least one channel on this network.

specialized
17-05-11, 23:40
i recanned and cleared network before hand and it found roughly 380 services .out of them tring sport news and tring comedy are the only ones that work , all the rest say :-
service not found SID not found in PAT or summut like that.