PDA

View Full Version : ViX ET5000 image coming soon!

Sicilian
17-05-11, 14:09
Just to let members know the ET5000 images is coming soon. It will carry all the same features as the current range of ViX images.

Anyone purchasing a ET5000 from our sponsor will be able to try the ViX aimage prior to the public release as it will be pre-flashed to their receiver.

dfdream
17-05-11, 15:25
How does this receiver compare to the solo or other VIX single tuner receivers.

What makes it next generation. (dual core ?).

Sicilian
17-05-11, 15:48
I've attached the CPU spec. sheet.

Difficult to answer this tbh as we support both VU+ and Xtrend receivers.

Quick comparison to the Solo, faster CPU, card readers that perform as well as smargo's, blindscan capable. Fantastic pic quality without the need of resolution plugins for SD, P.I.P (although not got round to fully testing P.I.P, think its still pics like Duo). Media player functions work spot on. Tested 1080p mkv's and DTS passthrough working spot on. External PSU so less heat generated.

Bit difficult with to fully compare without starting a receiver slate off thread if you understand where I'm coming from.

Cant really compare to Uno as thats a different type of receiver all together, can only really compare to Solo.

Data
17-05-11, 16:42
Is the build quality as good as the solo? as the vu's are bullit proof so far as quality goes.

Larry-G
17-05-11, 16:45
Is the build quality as good as the solo? as the vu's are bullit proof so far as quality goes.

not sure about the ET5000 but the build quality of the Uno is very high indeed.

Sicilian
17-05-11, 16:48

Quality and reliability are just as good. Lets put it this way, If I was in the market for a Linux single tuner and was given the option of the Solo or ET5000 to test prior to purchase I'd defo end up buying the ET5000.

Sicilian
17-05-11, 16:48
not sure about the ET5000 but the build quality of the Uno is very high indeed.

Uno is aimed higher than the ET5000, can't really compare, but build quality just as good.

pooface
17-05-11, 17:04
Quality and reliability are just as good. Lets put it this way, If I was in the market for a Linux single tuner and was given the option of the Solo or ET5000 to test prior to purchase I'd defo end up buying the ET5000.

And what if both boxes were exactly the same price? Which would you pick then?

Sicilian
17-05-11, 17:08
And what if both boxes were exactly the same price? Which would you pick then?

Well if i'm honest £10 difference wouldn't sway me either way lol, but in answer to your question I'd still choose the ET5000 over the Solo :D

souroull
17-05-11, 17:33
mmm pre-flashed? from sponsor?

damn, thats what i call support the sponsor.. or the other way around :confused:

when is this going public if i may ask? :thumbsup:

Stanman
17-05-11, 18:02
Its for sale now, he has limited stock as posted in another thread.

I have been using this box for about 2 weeks and it really is very good. key clicks are very responsive and zaps are fast, as for image - well you know what to expect.

The box is slimmer than the solo and generate less heat due to external PSU

Sicilian
17-05-11, 18:28
when is this going public if i may ask? :thumbsup:

Very soon, but anyone who place's an order atm will get a chance to preview the image prior to its full release. Image contains all the current ViX features.