PDA

View Full Version : VLAN issue

satsatsat
17-05-11, 13:27
can i ask whether vix is the only image that allows the vu duo to function wirelessly and whether a 3g mobile pointer unit is likely to be fast enough to allow the machine to function without loads of blurr etc

silverfox0786
17-05-11, 22:12
Unfortunately this is something that can't be confirmed or denied as not all images are tested in that manner it works with vix any other image best way is to just try em and see. But then again box is an awesome image and u prob stay on it anyway

satsatsat
18-05-11, 12:19
thankx silverfox
is there an nfi version of the vix2.1 as i like to load it that way not usb....then il try that with dongle etc

Alias1
18-05-11, 13:42
thankx silverfox
is there an nfi version of the vix2.1 as i like to load it that way not usb....then il try that with dongle etc
In other words you want to multiboot it eh??

satsatsat
18-05-11, 13:51
?? Dont know what that means
I always put the image in flash using vutil

Sicilian
18-05-11, 16:15
?? Dont know what that means
I always put the image in flash using vutil

Flashing VIA USB stick does the samething.

satsatsat
18-05-11, 17:56
i just cannot get the usb to work
ive tried with three different types
il load on an earlier version if necessary

Stanman
18-05-11, 19:15
I have used Sandisk cruzers and play.com own brand USB stick and all have worked fine. I always do a quick format before putting the image on the stick not that it should make any difference as long as there is nothing else on the stick. Lot less hassle than using a utility and quicker imho.

satsatsat
18-05-11, 21:04
the front usb slot seems to be dead to me
can i use the back slot instead?
DOES EVERYTHING ELSE NEED TO BE UNPLUGGED

punisher
18-05-11, 21:05
yeh everything else needs to be unplugged, any other usb devices etc. you can use the back usb or the front and they should work

satsatsat
18-05-11, 21:39
my current image is blackhole do i need to use the usb tuner functions cos it is still not working

basilyoung
18-05-11, 22:00
not sure what you mean, I thought you were trying to get a wireless connection working, ( not that I know how to do this ) or are you trying to reflash the unit with VIX 2.1?

mcquaim
18-05-11, 22:00
Hi there,

I'm not sure exactly what stage you have currently gotten to but this sticky is probably a good starting point!

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies