PDA

View Full Version : How to scan 2 different feeds

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 21:55
hi guys

i was wondering if some1 can advise me pls, i have a motorised dish in feed 1 using advanced settings scanning 0.8,4.8,7,13,19,23,28 and then in feed 2 i just have my s*y uk mini dish.

problem im having is when i do a scan it will only do 1 tuner, so then i scan tuner 2 for s*y it deletes the channels in tuner 1. can someboddy tell me what im doing wrong, all i want to do is scan 2 tuners and get all my channels and more important the missus be able to watch 1 channel on 28.2 and record another on 28.2

thanks in advance

jcm193
15-05-11, 21:58
Can it actually be done ive got the same setup as you but when is scan the motorised dish you have to just let it finish then scan sky dish

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:01
problem im having bud is when tuner 1 completes it dont jump straight on to tuner 2, i then have to tell it to scan tuner 2, when thats complete i check my channels and for some reason i only get s*y uk on both feeds, seems to delete all others off motorised.

probably didnt explain myself properly, all i want is for the box to scan tuner 1 then jump to tuner 2 without me telling it to. I though that was possible, or is it?

jcm193
15-05-11, 22:06
Very strange have have you setup all of the satellites on tuner 1 and is your xml up to date,you could always download a channel list from the plugin page and scan the satellites you need

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:08
all i want to be able to do bro is watch 1 channel on s*y uk tuner 1 and then record another channel on s*y uk tuner 2

punisher
15-05-11, 22:15
How have u set tuner b in tuner configuration? Im watching The Walking Dead on Channel 5HD and recording Desperate Housewives on E4HD. Is that what u want to do?

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:18
How have u set tuner b in tuner configuration? Im watching The Walking Dead on Channel 5HD and recording Desperate Housewives on E4HD. Is that what u want to do?

tuner 1 is advanced with 6 different settings, tuner b is simple, single sat, 28.2 but what happens when i scan tuner 2 for just 28.2 only, tuner 1 then only shows 28.2 rather than all the 6 frequencies it 1st scanned. what i want ias to be able to watch say sky italia on hotbird tuner 1 and then record something on tuner 2 s*y uk or watch s*y uk on tuner 2 and scan say sky cinema on 19 degress

jcm193
15-05-11, 22:20
Ok this is my set up and it work fine tuner A advanced setup 45.e to 42w ,tuner B simple 28e fixed dish,you should be able to watch 1 sly channel and record another in my case the fixed dish Tuner B 28.e will record sly channel as its setup as default Tuner A will move to 28e or any other sat and then open the other channel.If this is not happening for you all i can suggest is that you check your connection ,setup if this is not the problem reflash the image and setup again,sorry i can not help more than this and sorry for the confusion good luck

jcm193
15-05-11, 22:23
Just reading your last post above mine i would start again and setup again obviously checking you dish leads etc to make sure the are all working just to add ive just done what you asked and it worked fine for me so it must be either firmware,setup or hardware issue at your end

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:24
Ok this is my set up and it work fine tuner A advanced setup 45.e to 42w ,tuner B simple 28e fixed dish,you should be able to watch 1 sly channel and record another in my case the fixed dish Tuner B 28.e will record sly channel as its setup as default Tuner A will move to 28e or any other sat and then open the other channel.If this is not happening for you all i can suggest is that you check your connection ,setup if this is not the problem reflash the image and setup again,sorry i can not help more than this and sorry for the confusion good luck

exactly what i want to do, but as said it scans tuner 1 advanced nps at all, then i have to do a automatic scan again on tuner 2 and scans that nps at all, but then i got to search for my tuner 1 channels and all i get is 28.2 on tuner 1 and 2 which is fine for watching and recording but where did my other frequecies go

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:25
when u guys set up a automatic scan, does it scan tuner 1 and then tuner 2 or does it scan tuner 1 then you have to press automatic scan to do tuner 2, i swear this box used to scan tuner 1 then scan tuner 2 without me interfering with it

jcm193
15-05-11, 22:28
dont use automatic scan use manual multi sat then enable the sat`s you want

ultrasharp
15-05-11, 22:31
dont use automatic scan use manual multi sat then enable the sat`s you want

ahh right, so then when i set up both tuners it will jump to tuner 2? or am i wrong there?

jcm193
15-05-11, 22:33
scan all the sat`s you need then your sly channels will default to simple and sly italia will default to advanced try it and let me know if it works

basilyoung
15-05-11, 23:42
first of all,
Tuner A is the defualt tuner for recording, unless the sats are not available, then it will go to tuner B and record instead

with a fixed dish, ie 28 east, it should be set to tuner A
motorized dish should be set to tuner B

when you scan, multy scan is ok, and no need to rescan on the second tuner, as the listings are shared

baz