PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hard Drive problem

basilyoung
15-05-11, 12:32
Afternoon all :confused:

I have two Clarltec 9000,s, and as yet, not sure if this is a common problem, as I hav,nt got a hard drive mounted in my second unit

but after installing the hard drive, the unit seemed ok, formatted it, and mounted it
on restart, the unit hangs in blue screen, I can see it checking the usb mem stick, and if the hard drive is disabled, the unit then boots up

with the hard drive enabled, it does as above, but the seems to spin up the hard drive,..and I assume its looking for an image, which on a 1 tera bite disk would take an age

is there a setting that I have missed??

thanks

baz

basilyoung
15-05-11, 12:35
just to add to the above

the unit has now booted up, but it took a full 5 minutes +

Stanman
15-05-11, 12:36
Never had that problem when I put one on my Et9000, like you I just opened it up and fitted the HDD and away it went. Have you checked to see if the sata cable is seated properly and also a long shot but USB is not mounted as HDD is it?

basilyoung
15-05-11, 13:36
thanks stanman
yes the usb was set up a a hard media/drive, restarted with out the usb...same issue, so I have reimaged the unit, and all is ok, I am now going to reinstall the hard drive ( no usb present )
and see what happens

basilyoung
15-05-11, 14:23
further update

looks like the problem is solved

not to sure why there was a problem in the first place, other than re formatting the drive, and adding the usb mick afterwards

but this is one very nice unit

baz

Stanman
15-05-11, 14:25
Mine has grown on me, didnt like it at first but def good unit and remote is so much better than the other one;)