PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A Total Newbie with motorised set-up

Darren
15-05-11, 10:49
Hello Everyone, am new to the satellite scene and jumped straight in.
I bought from the sponsors a 1M orbital dish, VU+ Duo Box, technomate 2600 motor.
After reading all the how to's i mounted the pole perfectly plumb,put the motor on in correct position and elevation to 53' then aligned the dish to thor. All ok at the moment.
However when i send the dish to another satellite the motor seems to go past the desired satellite, it's doing my head in. :confused:
Have i jumped in to far? have read later that the VU+ Duo may be to much for a total newbie.
any help you guys can give would be totally appeciated and if there's anyone local (N-Wales, Chester Area) that can give hands on help would be even better.
Thanks Darren.

Stanman
15-05-11, 10:53
stating the obviouse but you set it up for your own location?

Baz is very good with motorised as should Pheonix with his recent experience and they should be along and hopefully can sort you out.

In the meantime google is your friend.

bassethound
15-05-11, 11:16
Here are a couple of PDF guide to help you one is for USALS and one is for non-USALS

dont worry about them talking about other boxes or images the settings menus are the same in all E2 boxes

Darren
22-05-11, 21:52
thanks for them guides Mr Basset, there's light at the end of the tunnel now :thumbsup:
motor seems to goto to the ones it should do now.
I think i may need some slight adjustments to the dish though as i can get a lock on some satellites close to Thor 0.8' but wont lock on satellites further away such as Hellassat and Hispasat. (signal seems to jump in and out)
Anyhow thanks for your help guys, Thats 1 hurdle cleared and many more to go me thinks.:)

basilyoung
22-05-11, 22:05
As it happens, I am not far from you

your realistic sats are 30 west through to 42 east, but many on the arc ( 26 east / 7 west for example are unwatchable from your location )

do not post your geo position on the forum, as you can be located from this info

the duo is not anty newbie, but does take a bit of learning

in your USAL settings start with the correct setting

for chester it should be approx 53.191 north 2.895 west

try and get 28 east bbc on these settings, if poor signal,...your set up is slightly out, adjust the west setting +/- .5 of a degree