PDA

View Full Version : Preannounce new drivers 16-5

Enzo
14-05-11, 20:33
Preannounce new drivers 16-5

There is a preannouncement about new drivers for the ET9000

Be carefull:
Because the memory structure is changed the drivers will not work good in older build images. You have to wait till the drivers are available with the new build.

The first test I made with the new drivers are very great.
All media issues in driver seems to be fixed and it looks like through the AC3+ support it's one of the best E2 media box available.

Blindscan is activated in the box and the scans seems very fast compare with other boxes. I don't know to much about feedhunting but so far I see it has very high potention!!

Recording 7 different HD channels + PIP/Iframe HD + Timeshift is working without problems.

Sicilian
15-05-11, 05:19
We've been emailed the beta drivers and info already for testing.

oddbjarne
15-05-11, 10:03
Great, is PIP HD working with these drivers, or still only screenshots?

Enzo
15-05-11, 10:09
Great, is PIP HD working with these drivers, or still only screenshots?

Hi oddbjarne

PIP/Iframe HD

drs101
15-05-11, 10:13
Is DTS mix down working?

oddbjarne
15-05-11, 11:50
Yes, I saw that. But I was wondering if Iframe ment screenshots or full PIP support :)

MrKappa
15-05-11, 18:36
But can we use these new drivers on current VIX 2.1 or we have to wait for a new image version?

silverfox0786
15-05-11, 18:37
But can we use these new drivers on current VIX 2.1 or we have to wait for a new image version?

you wil need to wait for them to be added into vix and then you will be able to update software to get them

MrKappa
16-05-11, 18:45
As I understood from other forums the drivers are not released yet because we need to update also the image. Some work is required for VIX maybe before they will be available. In the past it was just necessary to overwrite them into the drivers folder and reboot.

Larry-G
16-05-11, 18:51
As I understood from other forums the drivers are not released yet because we need to update also the image. Some work is required for VIX maybe before they will be available. In the past it was just necessary to overwrite them into the drivers folder and reboot.

correct these drivers need to be worked into a image in order for them to work, unlike past driver packs which could be flashed to the box overwriting the older ones.

MrKappa
16-05-11, 19:02
Please, any forecast for VIX image ? (the best for me....)

Stanman
16-05-11, 19:16
Patience is a virtue mate. As and when there ready to release it, it will be posted.

DRAGO.NET
17-05-11, 13:53
Changelog

- Media playback improved
- Xvid Fix
- Rotor fine tune Fix

http://et-view.com/download/drivers/et9000-drivers-gcc44-20110516.zip"]Download et9000-drivers-gcc44-20110516.zip

bassethound
17-05-11, 13:57
Changelog

- Media playback improved
- Xvid Fix
- Rotor fine tune Fix

http://et-view.com/download/drivers/et9000-drivers-gcc44-20110516.zip"]Download et9000-drivers-gcc44-20110516.zip

All ready posted here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6380-Latest-ET9000-Bootloader-and-Drivers-updates

Alias1
18-05-11, 23:47
I notice Pli have updated their image to include the latest drivers if/when is this going to happen with the VIX image.
I would rather not change images but if this goes on to long I am going back to Pli
I noticed with the VIX image that the box will lock up about three times a week and the only way to get it going again is to use the power switch.

punisher
19-05-11, 00:09
I notice Pli have updated their image to include the latest drivers if/when is this going to happen with the VIX image.
I would rather not change images but if this goes on to long I am going back to Pli
I noticed with the VIX image that the box will lock up about three times a week and the only way to get it going again is to use the power switch.

The new image will be released when its ready and everyones happy with it.

Larry-G
19-05-11, 00:11
the drivers have already been incorporated into the VIX beta images. we do not produce nightly builds such as PLI we choose the produce images that we are comfortable releasing, images we have extensively tested so that they wok with little to no problems for the end user.

Alias1
19-05-11, 00:36
the drivers have already been incorporated into the VIX beta images. we do not produce nightly builds such as PLI we choose the produce images that we are comfortable releasing, images we have extensively tested so that they wok with little to no problems for the end user.
That may be the case but when I first loaded this image on the et9000 about a week later I did a software update and about 30 packages were upgraded since then nothing.
What I dont understand is why we have to wait for a new image for these drivers to be incorporated.
As for Pli their nightly builds normally are the same as the previous builds unless changes are made ie the new drivers for the et9000 or skin updates.
My question is why even bother have a software upgrade option on your images if you dont intend to use it.
To me it seems that VIX is now going the way of blackhole where a new image is produced every time there is a driver change which in turn requires the user to reflash his box.

Larry-G
19-05-11, 00:48
i am very sorry to see you say that, but we have to test every update we release prior to it being released. we can not nor will we just release updates because people want us to. as i said we thoroughly test our image and all of its components before we release it. and no we dont just release new builds for the hell of it.

and for your information there have been several driver updates released since the release of VIX 2.1 non of which needed a new build, these new drivers by CT are different they can not just be hot swapped into the image as others can, plus the fact that we dont have 100 daily updates means were doing our jobs rite in the first place in testing the images so they go out with as few bugs as possible. i can guarantee you this if we were releasing updates on such a scale no one would want to use the image for fear there was some thing wrong with it in needing constant updates and patches.

Alias1
19-05-11, 01:19
@pheonix I hear where you are coming from mate dont get me wrong I know that there have been updates in the past where drivers were included we are now up to 2.1.4 on the image.
Having said that there are still problems with this image ie cams not autostarting and a complete freeze on the box about 3 times a week where as the Pli image is rock solid.
In fact when Pli developed their new image Pli 2.0 the beta image was open to the public by doing this they got more feed back (some of which BTW was complete rubbish) and hence a more stable image as a result IMHO.
They did add a caviat saying use the beta image at your owne risk but anyone with half a brain backs up a known working image and if the one being tested is no good he then provides feedback and then flashes his back up back on the box.

Larry-G
19-05-11, 01:48
i do see your point but you also must understand that we are working with a limited pool of trusted beta testers per receiver.

Rob van der Does
19-05-11, 06:38
........ we have to test every update we release prior to it being released. .....
After having used PLi for over some 16 month, doing almost daily updates on the DUO, I must say that this policy is one of the very strong points of ViX.
Whereas PLi provides daily beta's (and hence using many users as betatesteres, many of them not even realising that), the ViX policy to release only stable images (yes I know: that does not mean that there can't be a (un)known problem) is a relief.
Of course: the drawback is, that one has to wait some time before an enhancement is available, but the main point is: it saves a lot of people a lot of trouble (and it saves support a lot of time as well...), while they still have an uncomplicated use of their box .
And of course: behind the screens a lot of work is being done by the devs to implement all kinds of improvements (not only driverimplementation; many improvements are constantly being worked on). But they only become available in a public release after thoroughly testing by a number of people.

And if you really want updates as quick as possible their is a way out: use PLi (and to be honest to PLi: the number of serious problems after a daily update is very limited, but it does occur. And it needs a strict backup policy to overcome that).

wopr
23-05-11, 15:04
Just somebody have any idea about VIX within new drivers relase date? Everybody excited for new drivers improvements.

pooface
23-05-11, 15:29
It'll be out three weeks from yesterday in nanominutes starting from a zillion eons ago

In other words, don't ask us, we'll tell you...

Be patient, it's coming. Or, we could release it with all manners of bugs in?!