PDA

View Full Version : Change Recording Name

hammydish
14-05-11, 10:00
Dear All,

Wonder if anyone can tell me how to change the name of a recorded programme stored on internal hdisk in Vu+Duo.

I've changed the filename using Cute FTP but even after reboots the filename that shows on the Vu+ recorded files list is the old name.

Cute FTP confirms name has changed after reboots too so I'm confused as to why the old name still shows on the Vu+

LOVING THE VU+DUO!!!

Thanks for reading

t.ph
15-05-11, 09:33
Try using the plugin "Movieretitle"
It is available from within the online VIX server

hammydish
16-05-11, 00:14
Hey t.ph many thanks!

I came across this last night and downloaded it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Vu+ to use it.

I've checked the Plugins menu and its not in there. I've checked the IPK installer in the VIX menu and its not in there. Then I double checked the Software Manager / manage extensions
and it confirms I've already downloaded MovieRetitle.

Just to show you how I got it : Setup / Software Management / Manage Extensions / Plugin Manager comes up and downloads list. Went to "recordings" and
highlighted MovieRetitle. Then hit "back" and it appears to auto install the software.
Did a full reboot and then expected to be able to use it somehow.
I also selected the recorded files list on my hdisk hoping I might find a sub-menu come up but nothing!

Its probably me being thick but I don't know what to do or where to look next.

Any help greatly appreciated. (I'm running Vix 2.0)

Thank you.

hammydish
16-05-11, 00:42
t.ph - here's an update.

BINGO! Sorted it!

It was getting late and I was getting bogged down but with the help of a German post elsewhere and a lot of help from BabelFish I've cracked it!

Installed MovieRetitle as set out in previous post.
Go to recorded movies list on your Hdisk.
Highlight the movie you want to rename.
Hit menu button and MovieList SetUp menu appears
Drop down to "change name" and enter required new details.
Simples. (When you know how!)

Just thought I'd post this for the benefit of others - thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Cheers

Happy re-naming!

pooface
16-05-11, 10:35
lol, came to this thread too late :p Looks like you sorted it now.

Another option though, if you use macosx, is the idreamx software. You can go to the movies section of it, highlight the movie you want to rename, press enter, and it allows you to change the title there...

hammydish
17-05-11, 23:54
Nice one pooface.
Thanks for that!

As you say, I've sorted it now - but it's great to spread the word!

Regards.