PDA

View Full Version : Irish DTT USB Tuner

enonboy
13-05-11, 21:30
Hi There....I have vix 2.1.4 installed at present and working fab....I am wondering if there is a known list out there of what usb dtts work with the plugins available with the duo..if so can someone point me in the direction of same...also,is there a tutorial out there for DTT setup...thanks for your help

silverfox0786
13-05-11, 21:43
many work with vix

nova-t and sundteck that i know of

irishchris our mod here has a sundtek himself

itsjustme
13-05-11, 21:53
Hey mate..

Been looking at an Irish forum for you..

And a few seem to have Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T USB Stick for there duo!...

Irishchris has a tuner aswell not sure which but there were pics so i attached them... big respect to him!!

I have a few m8s that got the really cheap usb dvb-t dongles from "buyincoins" or like €4 with a discount code..

They have them set up on there 800hd and they work fine..

So i assume they'll work on the Vu+ aswell...

Got one for my laptop and its A1..

enonboy
13-05-11, 21:55
wow thanks for the prompt response silverfox.....I purchased a AVermedia AverTV Hybrid Volar HX which is compatable with almost everthing (according to the instructions) about 6 months ago from Komplette specifically so I could receive DTT here in Ireland via my laptop when I am out in the country.
this usb tuner works perfectly and there is no issue whatsoever with receiving the DTT channels on my laptop...however,I have spent a considerable amount of time today attempting to get this to work on my vu duo to no avail...I am unsure if its me that is not getting this right or is it the usb tuner incompatibility with the box...any ideas out there?

thanks

bassethound
13-05-11, 22:00
Take a look at this new plugin for the duo/solo/dm,s "Panel DTT for all E2 images" i have tested this on the latest Vix image with the win Nova-T works great

there promising more support for over DTT USB sticks

see the 3rd image of supported DTT USB sticks

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8329-Panel-DTT-for-all-E2-images-for-dreambox-and-VU

enonboy
13-05-11, 22:20
hi there...can you find out from ur mates if the cheap tuner from buyincoins works with there vu duo if they have one...and if so whet one have they got...thanks a million

itsjustme
13-05-11, 22:24
hi there...can you find out from ur mates if the cheap tuner from buyincoins works with there vu duo if they have one...and if so whet one have they got...thanks a million

They neither have vu's mate sorry..

I'll send you a pm of the one they have anyways...

enonboy
13-05-11, 22:34
Thanks for all ur help folks...great site

irishchris
13-05-11, 22:53
Have both sundtek and win nova t here. Nova t has been slightly tempermental of late with Rte 2 upscale hd channel with few others on Irish board reporting same. Sundtek has been flawless in every aspect for me and but have I worked it :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

enonboy
18-05-11, 15:36
hi irish chris......do you have a tutorial on setting up the plugins for the vuduo in relation to the DTT usb....it looks like I have the two avermedia plugings downloaded but I am unsure if I need to do anything else ie ftp to complete the software side.
I have an avermedia stick but it is not rec on the box after downloading the above plugins...I may not be fully doing this write which is why a little tutorial would be handy...thanks