PDA

View Full Version : pixellating when browsing channels

stu_iow
13-05-11, 19:50
Need help.

My setup is latest vix, with sky card and cccam 2.2.1.

When browsing channels, sky pay channels can sometimes start getting pixelated with harsh sound. Once this starts, only way to stop it is a full reboot.
Free channels are unaffected.

Any ideas whats causing this?

Many thanks,
Stuart

silverfox0786
13-05-11, 21:52
check yr local card is not over heating or burnt in any way

then if not check it in a sky box and see if its the same or not

other option is check yr clock in yr cfg

stu_iow
14-05-11, 06:10
I had to install CCCam for me to get any sky channels, is this right? Does it need any more softcam or alternative cams?

Also, i have not had to put my sky box serial number in anywhere ( i remember having to do this before years ago on my PC) - does this still need to be done?

I will try what you suggest later s/f. many thanks

Larry-G
14-05-11, 06:24
I had to install CCCam for me to get any sky channels, is this right? Does it need any more softcam or alternative cams?

Also, i have not had to put my sky box serial number in anywhere ( i remember having to do this before years ago on my PC) - does this still need to be done?

I will try what you suggest later s/f. many thanks

yes you need to use CCcam to decode your sky card so it can be used with the Vu as sky do not presently release a hardware based cam unit ( even though they have been ordered by the courts to do so ). and yes to watch premium channels you have to insert your boxkey into your CCcam.cfg file otherwise the card will only clear the FTV channels that dont require the box key.

at to which cam to use well you have a choice, more and more people are moving over to oscam for reasons we can not go into on this forum.

Alias1
14-05-11, 07:22
more and more people are moving over to oscam for reasons we can not go into on this forum.
The move to oscam here in Australia 7 Months ago and Just last week in New Zealand was because the providers changed something in the stream rendering CCcam useless :)
Look out guys if you are using NDS cards for Sky UK and I know thats what you use :)

Larry-G
14-05-11, 07:59
The move to oscam here in Australia 7 Months ago and Just last week in New Zealand was because the providers changed something in the stream rendering CCcam useless :)
Look out guys if you are using NDS cards for Sky UK and I know thats what you use :)

this has already happened for one channel in the uk but the rest are so far still fine.