PDA

View Full Version : PS3 trade-ins on the rise

bassethound
13-05-11, 10:38
Some unwilling to wait any longer

Recent discussions with several retail sources in North America report that customers are trading in their PlayStation 3 consoles at a much higher rate than what has been normal in recent months. Most of those who are trading in their PS3 consoles and games these days are trading over to an Xbox 360.

When these customers were asked why they were trading in their PlayStation 3, most of them cited the PlayStation Network remaining down as the major reason they are switching platforms. Many of these now former PS3 owners are Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 players who miss the ability to play online.

The impact of the PlayStation Network is also being felt in sales of PS3 games with a heavy multiplayer component. For example, one retailer told us that there were about an equal number of pre-orders for Brink until about a week before it was released, and one by one PS3 owners came in and either cancelled their pre-order for Brink or moved the pre-order over to the Xbox 360 version of Brink.

With all of the recent PlayStation 3 trade-ins, a number of our retail sources tell us that they are not only running out of new and used Xbox 360 consoles, but they now have a very large number of used PlayStation 3 consoles. “Our used PS3 console and game inventory is the largest it has ever been, and this is leading to us paying less for used PlayStation 3 units and titles,” said one retailer.

Apparently, North America isn’t alone, with PS3 owners making the switch to the 360. Reports from a number of sources in Europe indicate that they are seeing a similar trend. At this point Sony can do little to stem the tide, other than get the PlayStation Network up and going again. Many retailers do feel that once PSN is up again many former PS3 owners will be looking to pick up a PS3 console again, but in the meantime inventories will continue to rise while PSN continues to be down.

cypchris
13-05-11, 10:44
it was me guys was well easy

root: sony
passwd: Corporation
root: rm /var/bin/ps3network.shit

dont tell anyone shush ;-)

punisher
13-05-11, 11:17
Lmao im so glad i moved back to xbox 360 last year. Cnt be doin with thus nonsense. How can a major multi national company be so damn slow in getting a problem sorted

Sicilian
13-05-11, 11:22
Anyone got a cheap one to sell? :)

punisher
13-05-11, 11:25

Try fleabay or suma they must be a bargain now

Larry-G
13-05-11, 11:28
Lmao im so glad i moved back to xbox 360 last year. Cnt be doin with thus nonsense. How can a major multi national company be so damn slow in getting a problem sorted

ow god i cant believe you just said that knowing you work for virmin. LMAO.

on a serious note, i cant stand the ps3 but maybe nows a good time to buy a cheap pre-owned console lol

punisher
13-05-11, 11:32
Lmao same to virgin... Any multi national corp should be able to nail a problem without leaving customers hanging, it would not be acceptable. Granted everyone gets issues but you cant leave em a month without service. Id be peeved at virgin if the same happened with thembut we do arite sometimes :p

pooface
13-05-11, 12:00
Lmao same to virgin... Any multi national corp should be able to nail a problem without leaving customers hanging, it would not be acceptable. Granted everyone gets issues but you cant leave em a month without service. Id be peeved at virgin if the same happened with thembut we do arite sometimes :p

lol, you gonna get slated now... How can you say they alrite sometimes... lol. I suppose that's why they ain't rolling out to any new areas at the mo :p

Anyway, bringing back on topic ... Since the PSN is a free service, I don't think people should be moaning too much about the downtime. By all means moan about the fact your details have been accessed, but not about not being able to access the network... If it were xbox live, then everyone would have a good valid reason to moan :p

silverfox0786
13-05-11, 12:18

funny u say that i got 3 and wanna sell 2 of em

Larry-G
13-05-11, 12:19

delboy strikes again.

Sicilian
13-05-11, 12:21

How cheap? :)

pooface
13-05-11, 13:53

you get the bluray drive fixed then? :p

cypchris
13-05-11, 13:58
the ps3 mobile network

bassethound
13-05-11, 14:09
the ps3 mobile network

I see the security is about the same as the PSN:D

silverfox0786
13-05-11, 14:12
you get the bluray drive fixed then? :p

yes mate i fixed the blue ray on it just replaced it for a new one so all working now

@ sic its a 60GB backwards compatible fatt with the 4 usb slots and multi card reader all working and running on version 3.55 ;)

i dont usually dont say no to u so make an reasonable offer and its yrs

Stanman
13-05-11, 14:37
Shouldn't you be in the attaic?

punisher
13-05-11, 14:47
lmao nice pic basset :p i always get slated ... im the face of VM lol but its tru this should have been fixed ages ago hence why ppl are sending there PS3's back ... its like any customer you dont get the service you pay for (regardless of it being free you still pay for the console) so you want a refund or some re-embursement of some sort. In PS case i think they giving 2 free game downloads and something else

silverfox0786
13-05-11, 19:25
Shouldn't you be in the attaic?

oh fook i should be sorry stan today i promice

:D

witchy
14-05-11, 14:21
it was me guys was well easy

root: sony
passwd: Corporation
root: rm /var/bin/ps3network.shit

dont tell anyone shush ;-)

LMFAO............I'm going to steal that.