PDA

View Full Version : Backup files

kingy29
11-05-11, 19:00
What files are required to backup SETTINGS when using Vix 2.1

portbhoy
11-05-11, 19:50
Settings only all you need is dreambox edit for full image backup blue button/vix/image manager (I think) backup image in there and retrieve from your HDD by ftping into media/hdd

punisher
11-05-11, 20:24
Image Manager will backup ur vix image on the box ... DreamboxEdit (or similar program) will backup your bouquets/favorites

kingy29
11-05-11, 22:43
I want to know what the files for backing up the settings. In image manager all files are selected giving a full image backup this is not what I want I just want my settings backed up

portbhoy
11-05-11, 23:47
Download dreambox edit there you have the option to back up your settings and is the common tool used for editing, backing up and reloading settings and picons.

kingy29
12-05-11, 10:59
Thanks portbhoy
I have been using that for sat stations and boquets but what I want are the files for network settings etc so when I load a new image my box is restored with all revelant settings.

pooface
12-05-11, 12:14
You need to have the settings set to expert in customise menu, and then the software manager will allow you to tell it what to backup. You can then restore this.

Personally, I find it best to set it up from scratch, to ensure that there are no problems with plugins you no longer use leaving settings, or features which have been removed etc leaving settings...

Stanman
12-05-11, 15:53
The network settings you can get the router to deal with by giving the box a static address.

As the others, just back up the individual files such at mounts, autotimer, config. I have a folder for all of my boxes on the pc and just FTP once a month or before a new flash and than its a 1 minute job to restore them. Also handy if the image somehow becomes corrupted.

Rob van der Does
21-05-11, 13:42
I have said it before and I say it again: use the autobackupplugin, set it to run daily with "autoinstall" enabled and after a flash all is there again, including the plugins. #0 seconds to make the settings once and for all, and you are always ready to flash.