PDA

View Full Version : VU+Solo problems

filmman
11-05-11, 08:04
Hello, each day now my Solo keeps having problems when I turn it on, usually the vix signs are turning and the box eventually freezes and needs restarting. I now have a crash log and have attached this. Hope you are able to tell me what is wrong or what I am not doing.

Regards,

filmman

pooface
11-05-11, 08:38
Hello, each day now my Solo keeps having problems when I turn it on, usually the vix signs are turning and the box eventually freezes and needs restarting. I now have a crash log and have attached this. Hope you are able to tell me what is wrong or what I am not doing.

Regards,

filmman

It appears to be a softcam check error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/VIXMainMenu/SoftcamManager.py", line 982, in softcam_check
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/VIXMainMenu/SoftcamManager.py", line 661, in Start
thread.error: can't start new thread
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAuto Poller instance at 0x1194be8>>,()) failed)

What version of ViX image are you running? Have you done all software updates to ensure it's fully updated to last available? As there used to be some problems ages back with the softcam check, which were solved with a swap file being created. But this is a long time back...

filmman
11-05-11, 08:54
Thank you Pooface I am on v2.1.4 and I check most days for any updates also I have a 8m swapfile active

filmman

andyblac
11-05-11, 09:32
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/VIXMainMenu/SoftcamManager.py", line 982, in softcam_check
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/VIXMainMenu/SoftcamManager.py", line 661, in Start
thread.error: can't start new thread
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAuto Poller instance at 0x1194be8>>,()) failed)

this has been changed in coming updates, (lots of core stuff has), wont be long. now :), but for now, do a full reboot, that will reset threading

filmman
11-05-11, 09:36
Sounds good, thanks for your help andyblanc.

Regards,

filmman