PDA

View Full Version : cccam on vix 2.1

rubish79
10-05-11, 00:06
just flashed image vix to 2.1 from 2.0 and cant install cccam 2.1.4 or 2.2.0. It was working on 2.0.

installation seems to work fine. its ask to restart and when i check soft cam nothing is installed.

any clues why?

silverfox0786
10-05-11, 00:28
make sure yr binary file is in /usr/softcams and has 12 or less charactors and chmodded to 755

rubish79
10-05-11, 09:50
the problem is that the file is not even in /usr/softcams after installation

Maxwell
10-05-11, 11:10
no softcams are included in the image, you have to download it and install it yourself, Google is your friend for this

rubish79
10-05-11, 23:14
the problem is that ipkg package is installed (enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.0_1.0-r2_mipsel.ipk) but if i go to softcam manager cccam is not there. there is not even folder with etc/softcam/ like it was before. please help i have no idea was wrong

basilyoung
10-05-11, 23:35
I hav,nt got VIX 2.1 running here, but think you need to ftp the file to "temp" and then use ipk installer via the blue button ( addons manager/man install )

Maxwell
11-05-11, 06:55
Unless the ipk file you have found is specifically for the Vix image it will install it in the wrong place.

So you either need to get an ipk specifically for Vix or you need a zip file with the necessary files that you can manually ftp across.

Cannot give any more info than that on this forum.

rubish79
11-05-11, 23:09
Got the ipk here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images
so i was surprised i didnt work.

Found it on another forum
"The cccam .bin file should reside in /usr/softcams for it to be seen in the setup menu (menu, setup, softcam / ci, softcam setup). The .ipk file puts the cccam2_2_0 bin file in /usr/bin.

You need to ftp into your box and move the cccam2_2_0 file from /usr/bin to /usr/softcams and chmod to 755. You can then, with your remote, go to the softcam setup menu where you will see the new 2_2_0 file to set up as normal."

Thanks anyway guys.

johndigital
13-05-11, 23:43
what is chmod755?

punisher
13-05-11, 23:52
Right click on the file in ftp and click attributes and change from there

portbhoy
15-05-11, 00:01
I just use Tunisiasat addon manager, it's a wee bit easier than that although I will say that the cams at the top of the downloads always worked for me by simply using the ipk installer??

basilyoung
15-05-11, 00:38
the easy way to add any cam to your unit, is to ftp the cam ( ipk ) to your temp folder, then use ( via the vix panel ) the ipk installer

Larry-G
15-05-11, 04:36
the easy way to add any cam to your unit, is to ftp the cam ( ipk ) to your temp folder, then use ( via the vix panel ) the ipk installer

could not agree more, did mine this way on friday and it installed CCcam 2.2.1 in seconds with no problems what so ever.

Stanman
15-05-11, 10:32
I reflashed my box today and installed the cam from the shared link and worked straightaway. It was sitting in softcam manager and worked with the cfg file. If your having problems its aways best to redo it step by step because believe me sometimes in your rush to get it done you overlook the simplest of steps without realizing - i talk from plenty of experience:D

Larry-G
15-05-11, 10:34
I reflashed my box today and installed the cam from the shared link and worked straightaway. It was sitting in softcam manager and worked with the cfg file. If your having problems its aways best to redo it step by step because believe me sometimes in your rush to get it done you overlook the simplest of steps without realizing - i talk from plenty of experience:D

exactly the same steps i took, worked flawlessly first time.

nickydoc
15-05-11, 20:35
could not agree more, did mine this way on friday and it installed CCcam 2.2.1 in seconds with no problems what so ever.

Lads can you help me here.
i am new to this and i am not sure how to ftp the ipk file to my vu+.

can you give me an idiots guide how using DBE please?

nickydoc
15-05-11, 20:44
Lads can you help me here.
i am new to this and i am not sure how to ftp the ipk file to my vu+.

can you give me an idiots guide how using DBE please?

its ok i have it i just put in my temp file using my network

now i just need to put my cfg file in

punisher
15-05-11, 20:45
You will need to setup ftp to the box using ur boxes ip address and username and pass. Then place the ipk in /tmp folder and on the box press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer and install the ipk you put in tmp folder from there. You will need to place ur CCcam.cfg in the /etc folder and then if you go into softcam manager and start the cam it should all be working

nickydoc
15-05-11, 20:59
You will need to setup ftp to the box using ur boxes ip address and username and pass. Then place the ipk in /tmp folder and on the box press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer and install the ipk you put in tmp folder from there. You will need to place ur CCcam.cfg in the /etc folder and then if you go into softcam manager and start the cam it should all be working

Thanks,

I am initialising my HDD just now.

Does it take long?

it is a 1Tb samsung

punisher
15-05-11, 21:09
I think i left mine overnight so im not sure but hopefully not too long

basilyoung
15-05-11, 21:11
it does take a few minutes, but once you hear nothing from the drive,...that it, job done

nickydoc
15-05-11, 21:33
Thanks for your help lads.

I am now up and running.

I have another question but i will start a new thread.