PDA

View Full Version : what dish set up is best

shuggy
09-05-11, 22:41
hi there im thinking about buying motorised dish set up, how much would it cost for the whole set up and what would i need in total, i have about 250£

thanx in advance guys

basilyoung
09-05-11, 22:50
thats plenty

1 mtr dish, 1.2 diseqc motor and brackets, cables would cost about £150 max, but get a twin or quad lnb

if you are looking at the clarktec or VU duo, you might want to concider a second dish set up,

have a word with the sponcer

shuggy
09-05-11, 22:53
yeah ive got vu duo i already have an old mk3 sly dish so i was gonna use that for 28.2 than for reply m8

art
10-05-11, 08:30
yeah ive got vu duo i already have an old mk3 sly dish so i was gonna use that for 28.2 than for reply m8

That's the best option in my opinion shuggy, have one static dish feed from 28.2e and the other on a motorised. For the dish you can reduce the chance of wind hits knocking the dish offline by choosing a mesh dish much like the sky mindish zone1 or zone2's but obviously as big as you can get. Some of the bigger dishes have very narrow back mounting brackets and some have the sliding groove elevation slots which are a bit harder to line up on your reference sat (the triax is one of these) so I tend towards the orbital as my preference. For the motor i'd steer towards the tm2600 as I've had a few failures on the darksat superior all metal gears. Depending on where you are going to mount the dish try and use a good set of galvenised T&K's for the pole and if possible attach the dish and motor inbetween the T and the K as this will give a much more solid fix than going above the top bracket which sometimes is unavoidable because you may need the dish at it's highest point to make sure it clears any adjacent buildings or trees which may be hogging the skyline.

As Basil says try the sponser as I've had some good prices from them and fast efficient delivery

shuggy
10-05-11, 09:57
thanx m8 very helpful

plusser
10-05-11, 11:25
I'd strongly recommend a Wavefrontier dish. A T50 would do you if you want Hotbird, Astra and Eurobird etc. If you're looking further afield try the T90.
Best dishes ever made, instant channel switching.

+er

bassethound
10-05-11, 11:42
always fancied a Wavefrontier dish how difficult are they to set up on your own with more than 4 lnb,s

silverfox0786
10-05-11, 12:01
always fancied a Wavefrontier dish how difficult are they to set up on your own with more than 4 lnb,s

have a look at this thread bassett its starts deviating toward wave frontier support

oh and i found a UK seller at £170 gimme a shout if u want to know more

shuggy
10-05-11, 16:28
does the wavefrontier t90 need a motor ??? im bit new so if its a stupid question sorry lol

sonnetpete
11-05-11, 07:36
does the wavefrontier t90 need a motor ??? im bit new so if its a stupid question sorry lol

No, it doesn't need a motor. The design of the Wavefrontier T90 is such that you can receive a part of the satellite arc with a fixed dish. (hence multiple LNB's) Advantages : instant zapping between differing satellites. Disadvantages : the dish can only cover a limited part of the arc. (about 40° IIRC) Certainly, toroidal dishes are gaining in popularity, but they are more challenging to set up than motorized the more LNB's you add.

plusser
11-05-11, 10:30

They are pretty easy to set-up.
IIRC, you can put your approx. location in the wavefrontier website and download a set-up template. This tells you how much to skew (tilt) the dish etc. You then point the dish at the weakest sat (or the one in the centre of the 40 degree arc you want and all the others just slot into place.

////////////////////+er

shuggy
11-05-11, 12:52
thanx for the help guys, the easier the set up the better for me mines a vu duo so i will only be able to use 2 lnbs is that correct ??

Sicilian
11-05-11, 13:03
thanx for the help guys, the easier the set up the better for me mines a vu duo so i will only be able to use 2 lnbs is that correct ??

You could use 4 LNB's on each tuner via diseqc switches, but motor and dish is the simplist option.

canthackit
11-05-11, 17:54
Hmmmm
i shall be moving in the coming months into temporary accomodation this sounds like just what i'm looking for....even when i've moved eventually into rented accomodation and install it there, subject to the landlord granting permission of course :D

regards: canthackit

Huevos
12-05-11, 17:26
mines a vu duo so i will only be able to use 2 lnbs is that correct ??The Duo can control up to 64 LNBs (32 on each tuner).

bassethound
12-05-11, 17:29
The Duo can control up to 64 LNBs (32 on each tuner).

i think the price for a 64 LNBs dish might be a bit pricy compared to a motorized set up :p

Huevos
12-05-11, 19:39
i think the price for a 64 LNBs dish might be a bit pricy compared to a motorized set up :pRight now I have 19 LNBs connected up to "tuner A". Zapping is much more user friendly than motorised. Take a look...
_http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHuevos2010#p/u/3/GQft0sUNA5s