PDA

View Full Version : looking for slim LNB

barrykap
09-05-11, 13:28
I have a Force Frontier T90 dish with currently 7 LNB's on, covering 28E to 5W.

I would like to insert a few more in-between the LNB's I have on now but the small degree differences makes it impossible to physically fit additional LNBs using conventional 40mm barrel types.

I saw somewhere some very slim LNB's which allow close-bunching.

Anyone know what they are and what sort of quality they give?

Cheers.

Barry.

bassethound
09-05-11, 13:43
Take a look at the site sponsors "Inverto Multiconnect Systems and LNB's"

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Inverto-Multiconnect-Systems

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 13:59
thats what i got they are not only brilliant but i had a installer fit them and this was his words

"im glad u got the bullet lnbs they are the best ones to use, well for me atleast"

banie01
09-05-11, 14:26
+1 on the Inverto multiconnect LNBs ;)
I use one squeezed in between an Inverto twin and ALPS to get 16e :).
Those LNBs allow 3'degree spacing and as for quality.....
I'll put it this way, I pull in Tring @ 54% SNR on TD88 dish in the west of Ireland as part of a multi LNB setup.(When Recommended Size for my area is 1.1mtr +)
Heres a pic with the Slim Inverto in the middle http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=151486&d=1300039701
I have friends using motorised 1.1 dishes that have problems getting above 40-45% using 0.2db LNBs
They are an excellent LNB and for tight spacings there isn't any better ;)

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 15:45
can i ask mate

have u got those 6 lnbs on 1 receiver on diseque or seperate receivers as i have 4 on diseque but cant add more as u cant 1 get more than 4 way diseque and 2 the receiver wont allow more than 4 in tuner config

barrykap
09-05-11, 16:03
Hi all.

Thanks for the info on the 'bullet' LNB's will have a good browse on that site later. Just rushing out now.

Silverfox;- I have a 16-1 Diseqc switch which I have seven LNBs on the T90 connected to inputs 1 to 7. I also have a second LNB source (half of a dual output LNB which is on on my Jaeger-mounted 1.2M motorised dish, so I connect this to input 16 and have 8 off unobtainable 'fixed' Sats set in my satbox to position 16 (Diseqc 1.1). So when I need these on my second satbox I can move the dish with my other satbox and it works fine. The seven 'fixed' sats are available at all times of course. So if I can get some bullet LNB's I will fix these and set them as Diseqc 1.1 position 8 onwards etc. I strongly recommend the 16-way switch if your satbox can use Diseqc 1.1 (uncommitted). Excellent results.

Yes total madness! But that's what being a satellite nut is all about isn't it? :-)

Barry.

banie01
09-05-11, 16:05
I have them all on 1 receiver Silver, using 2 4x1 Diseqc in this configuration Diseqc Switch Settings
Tuner A
a = 13'b = 19.2'c = 28.2'd = 23.5'
Tuner B
a = 13'b = 15.8'c = 28.2'd = 9'
Gives me great watch/record PVR capability across my most used Sats.
I know you can also set up Diseqc in cascade to have a huge number of Sats on just one receiver too, but thats a bit advanced for me :)
Take a look at this set up http://radikal.ru/F/i035.radikal.ru/1103/1c/7554cf25b47b.jpg.html from this post/thread
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71419338&postcount=35
I think its the single greatest Diseqc switch ever!!!LOL

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 16:08
ah right i get what u done

except for 13E and 28.2E both on twin yr using the rest as singles

banie01
09-05-11, 16:10
ah right i get what u done

except for 13E and 28.2E both on twin yr using the rest as singles

Yep, Its a compromise but it works well :) Gives me all the watch/record I need really as I'm hardly ever likely to be trying watch/record on the ones I have as singles.
Its just a matter off deciding what you need.

But you can add 8/1 or 16/1 switches in advanced setip if you want to go that route, or go down the cascade route like the example I posted above ;)

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 16:14
yeah i see what u mean but i tell ya diseqe is a smidgen better than motor

didnt realise this till after but i was recoding on 28.2E and changed to 13E and it went to tuner B and left recoding on Tuner A

now if i had a motor it would have lost that recoding as the satellite would have pysicaslly moved and lost position

so im glad at my setup for now if any then 16 will be my next one to try get as i cant get 26 the lnb just wont fit between the 28 and 23 i got

banie01
09-05-11, 16:21
yeah i see what u mean but i tell ya diseqe is a smidgen better than motor

didnt realise this till after but i was recoding on 28.2E and changed to 13E and it went to tuner B and left recoding on Tuner A

now if i had a motor it would have lost that recoding as the satellite would have pysicaslly moved and lost position

so im glad at my setup for now if any then 16 will be my next one to try get as i cant get 26 the lnb just wont fit between the 28 and 23 i got

Have you tried the merge XML trick to pull 23.5 and 26 in on one LNB?
I think it works on sats at @ 2degree seperation, not tried myself yet but a mate says he tried it and it worked ;) I'll be doing it with 9'e andeither 7'e or 10'e after I research the howto ;)
I agree Thats why I stay with switching :) And the almost instant swap between satellites is a blessing compared to waiting for a motor to swing ;) Along with not losing records due to moving the dish ;)
If I decide to expand my own setup it will be via a T90 and diseqc rather than motorized.
Yes its a fiddlier setup but with the stability of a fixed Dish(esp. in high winds) and speed of Sat change its the best option for me

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 16:36
Have you tried the merge XML trick to pull 23.5 and 26 in on one LNB?
I think it works on sats at @ 2degree seperation, not tried myself yet but a mate says he tried it and it worked ;) I'll be doing it with 9'e andeither 7'e or 10'e after I research the howto ;)
I agree Thats why I stay with switching :) And the almost instant swap between satellites is a blessing compared to waiting for a motor to swing ;) Along with not losing records due to moving the dish ;)
If I decide to expand my own setup it will be via a T90 and diseqc rather than motorized.
Yes its a fiddlier setup but with the stability of a fixed Dish(esp. in high winds) and speed of Sat change its the best option for me

never done it with a sat.xml but i have tried it on a old non linux dish and motor use to get 28.2 and 26 on the same sat position not sure about 23 and 26 but now u mention it will look into it further

i love the diseqe system but i will be adding an aditional motor setup as well so one room will have diseque while the other will be on a motor even got my motorised dish got it on saturday so just a case of installing it now

banie01
09-05-11, 16:40
never done it with a sat.xml but i have tried it on a old non linux dish and motor use to get 28.2 and 26 on the same sat position not sure about 23 and 26 but now u mention it will look into it further

i love the diseqe system but i will be adding an aditional motor setup as well so one room will have diseque while the other will be on a motor even got my motorised dish got it on saturday so just a case of installing it now

I'll be honest I don't know much about it myself, and only started looking into it this weekend. But if I can get it working i'll be happy with the feeds access on 7e 10e now if I could magically make my Vu do 4:2:2 :P

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 16:43
I'll be honest I don't know much about it myself, and only started looking into it this weekend. But if I can get it working i'll be happy with the feeds access on 7e 10e now if I could magically make my Vu do 4:2:2 :P

looks like thats the next bit of research to do then

but yeah would be nice setup

barrykap
09-05-11, 17:04
Those inverto LNB's look OK. Quite cheap too.

I will have to work out how to mount them on the T90 though as the standard T90 brackets seem to take up just as much room as a standard LNB due to catering for the 40mm barrel along with the adaptor ring.

Pleasingly the dimensions of the invertos are given so I can see about making some clamps for them.

A comment on the other posts since;- You cannot beat sep LNB's if you can get them for all Sats, as motors, while being very 'universal' in what they can pull in, cannot precisely be set up for individual sats like fixed LNB's can, due to slight skew deviations etc. They are obviously slower too. But motors are ideal for zapping about and in most cases are more or less perfect.

banie01
09-05-11, 17:15
A comment on the other posts since;- You cannot beat sep LNB's if you can get them for all Sats, as motors, while being very 'universal' in what they can pull in, cannot precisely be set up for individual sats like fixed LNB's can, due to slight skew deviations etc. They are obviously slower too. But motors are ideal for zapping about and in most cases are more or less perfect.

There are exactly my thoughts too ;)
As for the LNB holders take a look at these http://s003.radikal.ru/i204/1010/27/4c7418380943t.jpg

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 17:31
There are exactly my thoughts too ;)
As for the LNB holders take a look at these http://s003.radikal.ru/i204/1010/27/4c7418380943t.jpg

do as they are intended screw then to a plate look at image i posted the lnb's are screwed at the back u can easily make up a metal bar to attach them too and have a cental lnb on a neck holder

barrykap
09-05-11, 18:27
With the T90 it is difficult to have a non-proprietary LNB-clamp arrangement because of the critical beam path. It is a bit more tricky to set the LNB's up than if using a conventional 'one-bounce' dish, so I was trying to keep the same design physical setup if possible.

I also had such a lot of trouble getting the existing ones spot on so I would rather not touch them, hence adding slimline LNBs either side using little home-made brackets. Maybe could use some of those in that photo. What are these? Where can I get more details?

Cheers.

Barry

banie01
09-05-11, 18:56
With the T90 it is difficult to have a non-proprietary LNB-clamp arrangement because of the critical beam path. It is a bit more tricky to set the LNB's up than if using a conventional 'one-bounce' dish, so I was trying to keep the same design physical setup if possible.

I also had such a lot of trouble getting the existing ones spot on so I would rather not touch them, hence adding slimline LNBs either side using little home-made brackets. Maybe could use some of those in that photo. What are these? Where can I get more details?

Cheers.

Barry

Those clamps are ones a user on another Forum I use recommends, He's big into his T90 ;) Take a look at this thread
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71419338&postcount=35 and here too
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70128940&postcount=5
One of the setups I want!!!!LOL
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=77117&d=1239560465

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 19:17
btw wave fronter T90 dishes are very hard to get and where they can be gotten cost around £250 so is it really worth it considering lnbs cost extra

a motor with pro install would set u back less

banie01
09-05-11, 19:25
btw wave fronter T90 dishes are very hard to get and where they can be gotten cost around £250 so is it really worth it considering lnbs cost extra

a motor with pro install would set u back less

I dunno where ya priced that but its a ridiculously high price!!!!
Granted from Ireland/UK suppliers they are pricey ;) but thats what the web is for!
Hm ******* have a bundle including LNBs and Diseqc for €133.90(@£110stg) with Delivery for another €40, Still pricier than a basic motor setup but much better for multisat.

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 19:27
I dunno where ya priced that but its a ridiculously high price!!!!
Granted from Ireland/UK suppliers they are pricey ;) but thats what the web is for!
Hm ******* have a bundle including LNBs and Diseqc for €133.90(@£110stg) with Delivery for another €40, Still pricier than a basic motor setup but much better for multisat.

i did a quick google search and thats what prices where comming up for shops that where instock

shops not in stock where showing £130 as you say but just dish only

banie01
09-05-11, 19:31
Go to german site thats blocked by the webfilter here

Its in stock there at £110stg plus delivery with 4 lnbs and a switch

Just to add I know a lot of folks with T90s and they source all there bits and bobs from Germany
Pity that £Stg isn't as strong v the euro as a few years ago, or they'd be a real killing to be made, but I still think at £110stg + £40 delivery that bundle is a steal ;)

silverfox0786
09-05-11, 19:38
Go to german site thats blocked by the webfilter here ;)
Its in stock there at £110stg plus delivery with 4 lnbs and a switch ;)

not a bad price then i guess

barrykap
09-05-11, 21:00
Think I paid £95 for my T90 about four years ago though. TCP or something, from up North.

Thanks for the URLs Banie01. I'll check them out tomorrow.

Barry.