PDA

View Full Version : Fan Setup

jim bob
08-05-11, 20:47
I have a vu+ duo and live in Spain. I am a bit concerned about the box overheating.

Could anyone advise best setup for fan. I tried a plugin but it crashed my box.

Thx in advance.

cactikid
08-05-11, 22:23
in system can you see fan control what do you have that set at?
i would imagine this box is well protected with fan cooling but if worried i have heard of people using a usb laptop cooler also mainly for dreambox which tend to overheat when running hd content.

jim bob
09-05-11, 10:30
Settings :

Fan Basic Option : OFF (if you turn this to 'ON' then there are no more settings and it appears to remain on even in standby)
Use Fan timer : YES
Fan on duration time : 005
Fan off duration time : 060

These are the default settings, not sure if i should just keep it on the whole time or not.

Rob van der Does
09-05-11, 15:50
Settings :
Fan Basic Option : OFF (if you turn this to 'ON' then there are no more settings and it appears to remain on even in standby)
Indeed: "ON" = always ON (also in standby). This is the default behaviour if no plugin is installed.
If set to "OFF", the FAN will be off during standby, but if a recording is being made (= HDD active), the FAN will be On as well.

Use Fan timer : YES
Fan on duration time : 005
Fan off duration time : 060
This means that in standby the fan will be on for 5 minutes every 60 minutes. If the ambient temperature is high, I would suggest the setting 5/30. If you still feel uncomfortable, or if you can feel the box being very hot, I suggest the setting ON.

Be aware: if you use the HDD via LAN, the fan will not be turned on (only a recording provokes that)!