PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 crash everyday !

tuneboy2005
08-05-11, 18:21
Hello,

I have installed the XMLTV importer plugin wich is set to automatically download the EPG data every night at 7.00 am. However i constantly have to reboot the VU+ to get the EPG working. Normally it is enough to just reboot enigma. but for me i have to do a full reboot to get it working.
When i look into the HDD i have a engima crash logfile everyday. I will attach such a logfile. Can someone look at it to see what the problem is?

Thanks

pooface
09-05-11, 09:05
This appears to be your problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/plugin.py", line 418, in onTimer
self.runImport()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/plugin.py", line 409, in runImport
epgimport.beginImport(longDes****il = config.plugins.epgimport.longDescDays.value * 24 * 3600 + time.time())
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/EPGImport.py", line 96, in beginImport
self.storage = epgdat_importer.epgdatclass()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/epgdat_importer.py", line 19, in __init__
if self.checkPath('/media/cf'):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/epgdat_importer.py", line 56, in checkPath
f = os.popen('mount', "r")
OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoStartTimer.onTimer of <Plugins.Extensions.xmltvimport.plugin.AutoStartTim er instance at 0x16db058>>,()) failed)

How much epg data are you importing? Could be that you are trying to import too much, and it's causing the box to run out of space (Cannot allocate memory). There could also be a bug in the script, or an incompatability with the VTi image?! Try just having 1 epg update (e.g. sky uk, or sky it or something), and see if that works. Also, have you set up a swap file?

tuneboy2005
09-05-11, 14:13
I will try with one provider to import. At the moment i have 4 providers enabeld. Let's say the biggest four and these are SKY providers with benelux. I don't use a swap file. I have an 8GB USB stick wich is mounted as my Hard disk

canthackit
09-05-11, 18:42
i have 10 providers all download and install perfectly ok i use a 96 Meg swap file.

i'm not sure about why you use the pen mounted as a Hard Drive but i would suggest that if poss mount it as /media/usb and use as Device: /dev/sdb1 formatted to ext3.

good luck

regards: canthackit