PDA

View Full Version : VU Duo with one feed?

judge
07-05-11, 15:45
Hi all,
could be staying with the folks for a few weeks so was thinking of bringing up my duo and am wondering if a single feed into a VU Duo box with the second tuner set to loopback or whatever it's called would allow me to watch one channel while recording another on a different transponder?

the folks have a sly sub with multi room, i'd just be replacing the sly box with single feed for the duo.

Stanman
07-05-11, 15:50
It will give you slightly more channels but nowhere near the ones on a twin feed - but its better than nothing:D

judge
07-05-11, 16:05
Thanks Stanman, what do you mean by slightly more channels?
if I had booth feeds they would be from the same lnb & sat anyway, so would I be getting less recording/watching options than this?

punisher
07-05-11, 16:08
i woulda thought you get exactly the same as it using the same lnb and loopthrough is like having a twin lnb but i have never tried it, but it does work so give it a try and lets us knw :p

Larry-G
07-05-11, 16:22
stanman is correct, you would gain more recording options by using the loopthrough feature but because it is using is single feed from the lnb you would not gain the same level of options you would gain from two Independent feeds and tuners. i have not tested this my self but there was a thread here a while ago where several members including pooface tested this feature and posted their results.

judge
07-05-11, 17:28
thanks for the answers guys, will collect my box from home on Monday & try it out in the folks.
will post results when done.

pooface
07-05-11, 17:32
As phoenix and others say, you don't get loads of options, but you do get quite a few. Can't remember how many exactly, but, as an example, I can watch loads of different channels I couldn't when single lnb only. e.g. channel 5, channel 4, itv1 hd cbeebies, bbc2, playhouse disney and a few others all work at same time. Without the loopthrough option, this didn't used to be available...

PLus more on other sats :p

abynk
07-05-11, 19:58
I have tried this (not exacly same way one dm800 connected serially with a technomate non linux box) in my experience unless i put one box in standby i cant use the other one .

xarqi
08-05-11, 02:56
Is it that with the loop-through, you can only access multiple transponders simultaneously if they share the same polarity?

judge
08-05-11, 03:05
I have tried this (not exacly same way one dm800 connected serially with a technomate non linux box) in my experience unless i put one box in standby i cant use the other one .

I'll be leaving the sly box out of the equation & replacing it with the duo. Because of the location, I'll only have 1 feed of the 4 on the quad LNB available to me. Will test loop-through on Mon or Tues & report back.
If I can record something like CH4 & record/watch something like BBC1 at the same time on a Sly dish, I'll be a happy man.

Larry-G
08-05-11, 04:46

thats exactly how its supposed to work. only one box can use the feed at any one time.

Alias1
08-05-11, 10:01
Is it that with the loop-through, you can only access multiple transponders simultaneously if they share the same polarity?
Yes it is the channels have to be on the same polarity