PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle Player - crashing the box

mauri
06-05-11, 09:47
Installed the sub player from the plugin menu, when I run it for the first time it gave me the green screen of death. The second time did not crash when starting the plugin but instead when tried to play the sub selected (i think it was blue button to load the sub), again my box crashed.
Since I have quite a lot of movies in avi format and the respective subs, I would like to use this plugin.

Any suggestions?

Larry-G
06-05-11, 09:51
one suggestion i have,
if you ever have a green screen crash while using VIX please upload a copy of the subsequently generated crash log for that crash to the forum along with a detailed account of what you did upto the crash. this information is priceless to us and helps us make VIX better for you the end user.

mauri
06-05-11, 21:09
796679677968Hi Pheonix, I attached the last 3 crash logs (two from last night, one just now). It crashed with two different movies. Movie formats are both .avi. subs are .srt
I renamed .srt files with the exact name of the .avi file. It does play niceley on the laptop with VLC.

I have VIX 2.1, fully updated. I do have several plugins installed. The last plugin installed was subtitle player by DD.
The movie and subtitle file are in the same folder in USB stick. placed the USB stick in the front USB port, and located the file through the movie list-menu. Yes, USB stick is mounted as sdc1.

The complete sequence of steps.
- plugged in the usb stick
- located the movie file and started playing it
- through blue button, started subtitle player.
- selected the subs file via the menu
- once selected, pressed the blue button to start the sub
- green scree of death!! several times last night

Tonight, when I tried a different movie, in the last step, the green screen of death did not show immediately. Instead the screen was showing the same message (while the movie was playing) 'please wait..."
After I waited for, say 2 minutes, I pressed exit. And again repeated the last steps - opened sub-player DD, selected the sub, pressed blue to 'play' the subtitle - GREEN screen of death again.

Hope the above info would help sorting this bug-like behavior.
cheers

mauri
07-05-11, 21:23
Solved it!
Actually I can play the subs now, but not with the subtitle player from DD. Instead I just selected the subtitle menu, from the audio menu, and selected the UTF-8 text option showing in there. Ironically I did this by chance, because I had trouble playing the movie audio, hence had to go the audio/sub menu. :D

cheers