PDA

View Full Version : No IMDB match - anyone else having this issue?

mauri
04-05-11, 22:46
Hi there,

Since yesterday my IMDB plugin does not give me any information, be it from live or recorded programs. It shows only 'No IMDB match'.

I removed the IMDB plugin and installed it back again through the plugin menu, but still no IMDB match.

Anyone to point me to the solution?

cheers

irishchris
04-05-11, 22:52
Did tit try the IMDb site to see if it was down?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

punisher
04-05-11, 23:07
just tested mine and its working here ... no probz

mauri
06-05-11, 01:17
7935IMDB is up and running. while my IMDB pluggin still the same message. I am frustrated! :'(

mauri
06-05-11, 01:25
hm, that's strange. Now I am testing it in different channels, but sometimes it gives you options, some times it doesn't.
I mean, right now, it shows 'no IMDB match' msg for A Dangerous man - showing in Film1 action. Up the EPG, for "The Tournament" again the same. But for "Surrogates it does show. And for 'I Am legend" it does show title options.
The Same is for other channels as well. It doesn't seem to have any obvious pattern; such not showing results for the running event, and showing for others in the EPG. IT is random. Seems like 60-70% change does not give any results.
Strange! :O
I am sure I never encountered this bug before.

punisher
06-05-11, 07:38
i dont know whether its a bug or not, but when i do a search on random things, it will show the details on sum and no match on others ... ive never really thought too much of it as it does work on others so just ignored it lol i think it might be a bug with the plugin ... im not too sure

mauri
06-05-11, 09:38
You are right punisher, sometimes the IMDB plugin does not show any results, but this I consider normal behavior since it happens when the movie title is in non-english version. Or when it has numbers in front of it (sometimes my movie database gets corrupted and recorded programs loose their tags). Other than these rare cases, I never had a problem with this plugin.
In my case I am having only a 30% or less 'success rate' with the plugin, which is frustrating (especially when you are spoiled for choice when it comes to movies to watch... :D).
Anyways, I guess I will need to reflash my box again. :(

punisher
06-05-11, 20:36
lol get ur laptop/computer and log onto imdb lol its another option but i know what you mean when spoilt for choice... i duno if a reflash will sort it but you can always give it a try

mauri
06-05-11, 20:44
yeah, you do feel my pain man. :D
I mean, when one can choose the best of the best being beamed from several satellites, the one wants to have the best possible, EVEN WHEN ZAPPING. ;) IMDB is a nice tool that helps achieving the best...

believe in better is the actual slyuk slogan.
believe in (almost) perfectionism would be vuduo slogan. :D

punisher
06-05-11, 20:48
lol im only on sly uk so its the same movies day in day out lol

Stanman
07-05-11, 11:27
Have you tried comparing the internet IMDB with the vU search results as it might be a problem at IMDB end. Ihave had the same results couple of times but movies were quite obscure so put it down to that even though IMDB is supposed to be comprehensive.

OldSkulRide
07-05-11, 13:34
iMDb plugin really doesnt work ok. I tried same movie on iMDb plugin and on subtitle player plugin (it also has imdb search implemented) and imdb didnt find this move, subtitle player did find it!

mauri
07-05-11, 20:51
IMDB.con shows search results, even on my BB Torch.
I tried now the IMDB plugin on my VuDuo, on several movies (i.e. the last Samurai, Chloe, Crossing over, etc) still showing the same message 'no IMDB match. The only movie that returned results was Salomon Kane.

tinbin
08-05-11, 10:01
Hi mauri
We are having the same problem, it doesn’t work on any movies weather it be any channels on 28East or Thor1 West.

Larry-G
14-05-11, 00:19
well i just set a timer for dr who on Saturday afternoon, i then pressed the imdb button and it returned about a dozen results so its working here although i'm getting nothing from the movie channels etc. vix 2.1.6