PDA

View Full Version : Tuning hotbird on clarketech et 9000

johny99
04-05-11, 15:55
Hello ppl

Im trying to tune hotbird on my et9000.

When I try to do it on auto the satellite selection i select dont use tuner A as I want to use tuner b.

But it then says nothing to scan.

I have tried configuring tuner b as a single tuner but cant get anything and have to try and do it under advanced.

When I try to manually tune it when I say dont use astra2 it says again nothing to scan.

Can someone please tell me how to tune it.

I have 2 separate fixed dishes one for astra 2 and one for hotbird and am trying to scan hotbird on the second tuner. I can get hotbird on my tm500 so know that I have signal. I am also using the latest vix image.

Thanks very much

Sicilian
04-05-11, 15:56
How are the dishes connected to your ET9000?

What are your tuner settings?

johny99
04-05-11, 16:20
connected via standard sky dish lnbs on standard rg6 runs.

on tuner b I have the tuner configured under advanced and all satellites 1 but have tried all satellites 2 3 4.

When I make the config mode simple and then go to mode and press the right arrow button to change from astra 2a it says nothing connected even when the cable is connected properly.

Thanks

Sicilian
04-05-11, 16:30
How are the dishes wired to the receiver?

johny99
04-05-11, 21:33
What do you mean how are they wired?

They are connected using the twist on f plugs directly running from the lnb to the receiver.

Thank you!

silverfox0786
04-05-11, 22:12
What do you mean how are they wired?

They are connected using the twist on f plugs directly running from the lnb to the receiver.

Thank you!

yr a newbie on this forum and we are trying to help you so enough of the smarmy sarcastic attitude

this is important to know how yr connected wheather it be direct or via disque or motor so a valid question was asked

personally i would say check yr dish alignment or yr cable run comming in

Stanman
04-05-11, 22:14
You might need to update your satellite.xml.

They should both be set up as single sats iirc its simple and appropriate sat from the next option.

johny99
04-05-11, 23:21
woooo I didnt realise I was coming across as sarcastic at all???

Why would I be like that when I need help? I think you may have mis understood me, I did not understand the question properly as I am new to this!

but as I said the cable connects directly from lnb to receiver nothing else.

The cable run and dish are all on point as I have hotbird on another receiver with nearly 80%.

how do i update the xml file?

Thank you very much

punisher
04-05-11, 23:52
download the latest satellites.xml file for your sats from

http://satellites-xml.eu/

then place it in var/tuxbox/ overwriting the one you have in there. Then on your box ... restart enigma by going into menu/restart/restart enigma. that would have updates your satellite.xml file ... and try again if you can get it to work

Sicilian
05-05-11, 05:47
woooo I didnt realise I was coming across as sarcastic at all???

Why would I be like that when I need help? I think you may have mis understood me, I did not understand the question properly as I am new to this!

but as I said the cable connects directly from lnb to receiver nothing else.

The cable run and dish are all on point as I have hotbird on another receiver with nearly 80%.

how do i update the xml file?

Thank you very much

Explain fully. Hotbird dish, connected direct to which tuner?? Astra2 dish connected to which tuner?? Both dishes connected direct or looping through another receiver? Through a disec switch?? Post the exact setup then we might be able to help you.