PDA

View Full Version : i set password now i cant remember it

woody
04-06-10, 13:46
as above said i changed image and after all what yous had been saying assigned my vu a password now i cant remember what it was ,is there any way i can check it ?via telnet or something ? anyway ?

catseye
04-06-10, 13:52
as above said i changed image and after all what yous had been saying assigned my vu a password now i cant remember what it was ,is there any way i can check it ?via telnet or something ? anyway ?

To change password
Using DCC program & telnet
Type passwd & enter
Type new password & enter
U may be asked to enter again
U should get message of password changed

Make sure all other programs have same password as your new one

bobonthejob
04-06-10, 13:53
Have you got the password setup on any apps? I.e. DCC or another Telnet client? If so...you could get on and change the password using the passwd command.

Sicilian
04-06-10, 13:55
Have you got the password setup on any apps? I.e. DCC or another Telnet client? If so...you could get on and change the password using the passwd command.

If he cant remember the password he wont be able to telnet into the box.

bobonthejob
04-06-10, 13:58
I was wondering if the password may have been set and saved on another application that he may have been using.

Otherwise it is booting in to run level 1...and resetting the passwd... :D

grtmoby
04-06-10, 13:58
i found this for you, hope it helps

you could try this

1) Install and run TuxBox Commander plugin

2) Change directory to edit /var/etc/passwd (type 4: "Edit")

3) Remove the encrypted password.

3.1) In the file /etc/passwd is the line:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh or something as
root:EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

3.2) the password field is the x or the encripted string EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW

3.3) Delete the x or the whole string. The line now is:
root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

4) Save the file and exit

5) Telnet to your DB with root user without password

6) Change/Create inmediately a new root password with passwd

Sicilian
04-06-10, 17:03
I'm almost 100% sure Tuxbox commander does not work with the Duo or even Enigma2. In all honesty the time it takes you to try and figure out a way of recovering your password you might as well re-flash. Just make sure you have a copy of your CCcam.cfg if you have one.

grtmoby
04-06-10, 17:09
boss, how can the cfg be obtained if no connection can be made to receiver as pwd is lost.
can the internal file browser be used to transfer it to a flash or hdd for example.

Sicilian
04-06-10, 17:15
boss, how can the cfg be obtained if no connection can be made to receiver as pwd is lost.
can the internal file browser be used to transfer it to a flash or hdd for example.

Not 100% sure, maybe filebrowser can be used, never tried tbh. Theres ways of getting access to the contents of CCcam.cfg, Lets see what Woody comes back with to decide the best way forward for him. He may already have it sorted.

pooface
04-06-10, 17:38
Also, to get the cfg file, if you haven't told webif to require the password to access, then you can get the cfg file by going to the following url:

http://192.168.0.100/file?file=/etc/CCcam.cfg

This will allow you to download it :)

pooface
04-06-10, 17:38
Forgot to put that the ip address needs to be the ip address for your box...

grtmoby
04-06-10, 18:17
Also, to get the cfg file, if you haven't told webif to require the password to access, then you can get the cfg file by going to the following url:

http://192.168.0.100/file?file=/etc/CCcam.cfg

This will allow you to download it :)

guess it has to be his box ip and not always fixed 192.168.0.100, right?

pooface
04-06-10, 18:29
guess it has to be his box ip and not always fixed 192.168.0.100, right?

Yup, that's what I put in the second post, as I forgot to put it, and cannot edit posts...

JeTTBLaCK
04-06-10, 21:09
Interesting thread - I seem to be stuck in a similar position yet I know what my password should be, but no longer works, plus when I try to ssh into the box I get warnings about the signature having changed.

I think the last image flash I did was the OpenPli fully loaded one, but I also ran an online software update. I was still using the changed password but I'd only been putting the box into deep standby.

Yesterday I actually powered the box off - so there must be a default password that has overwritten my changed one.

Just going to try a quick search to see if that throws some light on the subject.

Cheers

JeTTBLaCK
04-06-10, 21:18
Actually - with Open-Pli you just reset the password to a known value then you're good to go. Glad I put the fully loaded image on after all :)

Cheers

woody
07-06-10, 15:42
ok i fixed my problem i had to go back all my applications that i had used b4 and guess what i had prt scn it so found it in my photos so it pays to keep things like this some where lol