PDA

View Full Version : new to forum have some questions about openbox & vu+ duo

satpink
02-05-11, 22:07
hello to everyone, i have decided to come back to main stream satellite viewing, i have been with sky HD for the last 18months with one of their boxes, i have in the past had technomate, dm800hd, dm7025, dm8000hd & openmedia 500s/c.

i want to set up my own cs in my own house i hope its ok to say that if not could mods remove, i was thinking of buying a vu+ duo as my main box (server) , then use an openbox s9 in my bedroom & i still have a openmedia 500s which i was going to use in my other living room or even buy another openbox s9, would these boxes work ok in tandem with each other? i also planned on using homeplugs for the network connection upstairs, thanks in advance for any replies:D

Larry-G
02-05-11, 22:25
we can help you setup your box so that you can use your own card but we will not help you cardshare even locally in your own home.

please read the site rules.

punisher
02-05-11, 22:30
hey mate, welcome to the forum :D as pheonix says we can help you set ur boxs up but cant help with the cardsharing side as its against the site rules

basilyoung
02-05-11, 22:32
was about to say the same thing,...so instead

Welcome satpink

also, it might be worth contacting the forum sponser regarding the units you seek

satpink
03-05-11, 09:19
i read the rules thats why i didn't elaborate, i have had it set up in the past but i have used dreamboxes, the s9 & vu+ look like good value, i just need to know that they will work in harmony with each other, i will use CCcam for all boxes.

will the vu+ box be able to read my white card & update it or will a smargo be needed?

pooface
03-05-11, 09:22
i read the rules thats why i didn't elaborate, i have had it set up in the past but i have used dreamboxes, the s9 & vu+ look like good value, i just need to know that they will work in harmony with each other, i will use CCcam for all boxes.

will the vu+ box be able to read my white card & update it or will a smargo be needed?

vu+ will be able to read the white card ... but it's recommended to use oscam as the reader for the card ... I have no idea of the s9, so all I can say, is that if it uses cccam, then you should be fine... No more elaboration on that :p

satpink
03-05-11, 16:32
thanks for the replies