PDA

View Full Version : Tune failed on all chanels when someting is recording

rubish79
02-05-11, 01:21
Hi Guys,
I have Tuner A setup (DiSEqC A/B (13.E) and Astra(28.2). Tuner B have the same set up. Any reason way I cant watch anything else if something is recording?
I have VIX v2.0.3. Thanks

basilyoung
02-05-11, 01:24
I take it that you have dual lnb,s
and tuner b activated as diseqc set up on tuner b as well

rubish79
02-05-11, 09:25
I have quad lnbs and both tuners are set up the same way with diseqcs. how do I troubleshoot it?

Stanman
02-05-11, 11:06
Thats your problem that you have both as DISECQ if they are connected to the same sat as once you record from it it is locked by tuner A.
You will not be able to record or view anything except what is on the transponder/ SAT you have the recording set up for.

I am only supposition here but tuner B does not know what SAT the dish is at so wont know which TP it can access, mind you if you know, no reason why you cant go into that particular bouquet and watch the other channels that way?

rubish79
02-05-11, 11:29
Sorry, maybe I didnt explain it all. I have 2 dishes and 2 disecqs (2.1) 2 LBN's(quads ony use 2 ports). I'm just looking to be able to watch one chanel and be able to record another. Is my approach incorrect? can it be done?

jfk
02-05-11, 13:55
Hi Guys,
I have Tuner A setup (DiSEqC A/B (13.E) and Astra(28.2). Tuner B have the same set up. Any reason way I cant watch anything else if something is recording?
I have VIX v2.0.3. Thanks

Hi M8,

what type of receiver are you using?

plusser
02-05-11, 15:34
Hi M8,

what type of receiver are you using?

I had to check the date when I read that, as I thought it must be an April Fool question?

The clue here, is the forum that the question is posted in :-)

As for the original poster, I can't see any reason why your set-up isn't working.

+er

Sicilian
02-05-11, 16:03
Check the wiring and diseqc switch connected to tuner b.

rubish79
02-05-11, 21:00
Sicilian, you were 100% right. I connected tuner b wiring to tuner A and I didnt get the signal. so follow it up to the roof and swap the cables on diseqc. When I swap the cables diseqc-tuner. it worked. so then I knew there is a problem on cables diseqc-lnb. It took me to the ending connected to lnb. Got it fix and it works now. Thanks all for you input.