PDA

View Full Version : laminas 1.2

jcm193
01-05-11, 18:55
After looking at this dish on the forum iam interested in upgrading my current triax 1.1 can anyone tell me if it would make any real difference for fringe reception,can you run it off a technomate tm 2600 motor and finally where can I get one in the UK new or old thanks

world-of-satellite.co.uk
02-05-11, 06:31
Not sure what sort of mount a laminas 1.2 comes with, but we've emailed them for details and asked if they have a UK distributor.

sonnetpete
02-05-11, 07:24
Hi,

As a Laminas 1.2M owner, I can confirm that the OFC 1200 comes with an A/Z mount. I have it running on a Clarke Tech motor but as long as you use a reputable metal geared motor you should be ok. I'd not recommend mounting your set up above the gutterline of your house, due to the size and wind loading on the dish. Mine is in a quite sheltered spot.

I really don't think there is a UK distributor for these dishes which is a shame. I obtained mine from a supplier here in France.

silverfox0786
04-05-11, 01:15
as far as i cansee it uses the same A/Z mount that a williams raven channel master uses

3 inches

and yes no dealers in UK

http://www.laminas.com.pl/english/index_en.html

world-of-satellite.co.uk
04-05-11, 13:59
as far as i cansee it uses the same A/Z mount that a williams raven channel master uses

3 inches

and yes no dealers in UK

http://www.laminas.com.pl/english/index_en.html

They sell a AZ/EL mount suitable for a standard diseqc motor.

We've been in contact with the Polish supplier with view to pricing etc... @ Jcm if your still after one of these please send us a pm.

sonnetpete
04-05-11, 14:53
This is what the AZ/EL mount looks like installed on a diseqc motor.

Sicilian
04-05-11, 14:54
Thinking of getting one of these dishes myself to replace my Triax 1.1m.

sonnetpete
04-05-11, 17:12
It replaced my Gibi 1M and there was quite a bit of difference. Actually, I don't really like the design of the mount, it makes it awkward to tighten on the motor stub. Other than that the dish face itself is light and seems sturdy. For it's price, I think it's a good buy.

manikm
19-09-20, 18:53
looking at getting one of those laminas ofc 1200 - anyone selling them in the uK>