PDA

View Full Version : Couple of quick questions if anyone would be so kind...

emporer
30-04-11, 18:04
Hi guys, I have my epg set as opentv and it works fine, my vu duo is only on the sky dish, today ive updated with silverfox's latest settings and new picons and for some reason the epg had gone, no biggie as it only took a few secs to do it manually. Was it the fact that i'd put on the new settings and rebooted that wiped the epg? am I right in thinking sky update their epg at around 4.30am over the air?

second question, if I do another image backup now ive installed the new settings etc, would it just wipe over the old image backup on the hdd? and does the backup contain all the recorded programs or just the settings etc?

thanks again guys

Sicilian
30-04-11, 18:09
Hi guys, I have my epg set as opentv and it works fine, my vu duo is only on the sky dish, today ive updated with silverfox's latest settings and new picons and for some reason the epg had gone, no biggie as it only took a few secs to do it manually. Was it the fact that i'd put on the new settings and rebooted that wiped the epg? am I right in thinking sky update their epg at around 4.30am over the air?

How did you reboot? Did you hold down the standby button on your remote, then select restart? Have you set where your epg is stored in crossepg?

second question, if I do another image backup now ive installed the new settings etc, would it just wipe over the old image backup on the hdd? and does the backup contain all the recorded programs or just the settings etc?

thanks again guys

No it will create another folder with a new image.

punisher
30-04-11, 18:10
Old backups remain as old backups how u took them at the time. If you take a new backup it will back up ur current system and settings that you have on the reciever. Not sure what time sky update their epg but you should be able to pull 7 days using opentv as i use the same

Stanman
30-04-11, 20:48
If you lose CEPG after a reboot, there is a setting in it to reload data use that rather than downloading again.

Image backup does not store the recordings these remain on HDD and will be available again whichever image / backup you restore.

emporer
30-04-11, 20:49
I rebooted by using the restart option from the menu button, had a quick look and crossepg is stored on the hdd, but if I go into vix settings it says epg stored on internal flash?

emporer
30-04-11, 20:53
apologies for being thick, but I understand opentv epg would just get the data over the air, like sky boxes do, and crossepg would just enable me to manually download from the web, is this right? slightly confused!

punisher
30-04-11, 21:48
I rebooted by using the restart option from the menu button, had a quick look and crossepg is stored on the hdd, but if I go into vix settings it says epg stored on internal flash?

make sure when you into CrossEPG/Configure the Storage Device is the same as in VIX Settings otherwise you might get a few issues