PDA

View Full Version : How install Catseye e2 settings

buz
28-04-11, 14:27
I know how to install bouquets via plugins but how would I do it via dcc. The reason I want to do it manually is that the settings are more upto date when downloaded direct from this website. So far I have downloaded and unzipped the latest Catseye e2 settings. Does the whole file go in one location via FTP or do I have to send different bits to different sections in box. and also do I have to remove the Catseye bouquet I downloaded direct to box via plugins first before I start.

Stanman
28-04-11, 14:42
You need to download and install a bouquet editing software such as dreambox edit and need to use this to send the settings to the box.
There is a tutorial in the engima settings forum on how to do this.

Thomo?
29-04-11, 16:18
cant you just ftp the files over into /vat/etc/enigma2?

thats what i have always done using dcc?

silverfox0786
30-04-11, 03:17

you can but then the set needs to be clean

some set tend to have .orig and .bak files which will corrupt yr folder

where as dbedit bypasses them and only adds the corect files

Rob van der Does
09-05-11, 15:20
I assume that was not an E2 box?
Settings are in /etc/enigma2
If you really do that manual, be sure to kill E2, delete old files, FTP the new files, restart E2.

But why on earth would you not use an editor? Especially DreamSet is very good, as it also does the stop/start of E2.

Larry-G
09-05-11, 16:07
I assume that was not an E2 box?
Settings are in /etc/enigma2
If you really do that manual, be sure to kill E2, delete old files, FTP the new files, restart E2.

But why on earth would you not use an editor? Especially DreamSet is very good, as it also does the stop/start of E2.

i agree. there are many programes specifically written for this exact process and they are so easy to use too.

Rob van der Does
09-05-11, 16:10
Yep, but the main point is that he is using the wrong location.

Larry-G
09-05-11, 16:17
Yep, but the main point is that he is using the wrong location.

i dont know which box he's using as the correct path for E1 is
/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ and as you said it's not the correct path for E2 either. maybe just a typo by the OP ? but which ever it's easier to just use a dedicated program than mess about FTP'ing files here there and every where.

Sanjhere
29-10-11, 20:48
Hello People,

Hope you are all having a great Saturday evening.

I have my satellite all set up and watching the World's TV!

I have installed all the ccam's and that all seems to be functioning fine.

I am trying to install Catseye onto my VU+Uno (for my daughter's benefit) ... I am and was just used to selecting the satellite and picking the channel from there (shows how old I am). She wants the EPG as it was on the Freeview box.

I am not sure if I want E1 or E2 setting and what destination folder these should go into. When I unzip the Catseye folder, I get folders like satellites.xml and lots of .tv folders. Do I sent the "whole" folder to the VU+ box or the extracted contents? I have put them into the VAR, then etc folder (like the ccam) but this does nothing.

Do I have to click on install anywhere to get the catseye to work?

Sorry if this question is daft or dumb.

Sanj

basilyoung
29-10-11, 20:54
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

the above thread will help with the transfer of catseye listings, ( you need the E2 variant )

epg, you need a mem stick on the unit

I will find a suitable thread that will help you in a mo

basilyoung
29-10-11, 21:09
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8393-Save-Ryvix-XMLTV-data-to-internal-or-usb-flash

once the usb is reconized by the unit

blue button, select VIX option/mount manager, press ok
if the usb stick is listed, mount it ( do not set it to "use as HDD" )
unit will reboot afterwards
after reboot go menu, system,EPG....press ok, settings press ok...make sure epg location is set to media/usb..press ok
exit once, then select sources ( blue button ) select Rytec UKXMLTV press ok exit
then press yellow button to manually download the requested epg, this will take about 5 minutes, once done, job done
go to any uk listing ie, docs or films, press the epg button, and you should see a full listing

Sanjhere
29-10-11, 21:14
Thank you Basil, download the file onto a memory stick and just plug that into the vu+ box and install them that way?

basilyoung
29-10-11, 21:19
which file?? the catseye listing needs to be via dreambox edit ( ftp/lan )
the epg once the blank mem stick is in place, is all sorted via the reciever, as per my instructions above

Sanjhere
31-10-11, 11:49
Hey Basil, thank you for the replies. I have followed your suggestions in between doing the weekend things.
I did as suggested but when the EPG button was pressed I would only get information about the program I was watching. I did some fiddling around and found I had not done the software updates, further fiddling revealed I had not downloaded the plugins. After doing most of the plugins I lost all the scans for the few satellites I had done and some of the settings. The long and the short of it . . . . I am still onto it and will report back when done.
I would like to say that if it was not for help received from this forum I would have given up by now. Big thanks to you and the others who spend their time helping and resolving others issues.

aftermath
31-10-11, 13:22
google for a file called DreamSet, i am using version 2.24

run the dreamset exe file

put in these settings, and test the configuration ( test button ) if all come back as " OK " save the configuration ( save button )

configuration title = " put in here anything you want to call your box "
box IP = " your boxes IP address ( example 192.168.0.6 )"
user name = root
password = your password or leave blank
firmware = custom
software = Enigma2 Ver 4
Satellites xml = /etc/tuxbox/
Services / Bouquets = /etc/enigma2/
FTP Port = 21
HTTP Port = 80
Telnet Port = 23

once you entered all these, test then save configuration.

in dreamset programme click the " open folder icon " and point it to catseyes lamedb file then write button to begin writing the settings to your box.

it cant get any easier than this....

Sanjhere
31-10-11, 13:48
Thank you Aftermath. Will try it when I get home. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Sicilian
31-10-11, 14:00
@ Sanjhere, WOS Toolbox has all the tools you need http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11774-All-New-World-oF-Satellite-Toolbox

Sanjhere
01-11-11, 10:21
Good Morning People,
I used Dreamset and it was very easy to do it that way.
The paths and settings get transferred very easily that way.
Once the EPG was downloaded I just click on the EPG button on the remote.
1 question though, this only showed the listings of an odd program here or there, the other listing 'slots' were totally blank.
If I scan the satellite again will the listings and programs appear or do I download the listings guide? How do I do that? When the EPG is showing it does not give me the option of downloading or updating the EPG.
Thank you again Basil, Aftermath Sicilian

robbie74
02-11-15, 13:49
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

the above thread will help with the transfer of catseye listings, ( you need the E2 variant )

epg, you need a mem stick on the unit

I will find a suitable thread that will help you in a mo

thanks got me fixes to.