PDA

View Full Version : Is your computer hacked ?

charliesen
27-04-11, 23:41
One way to find out is to close all browsers , msn etc then open a command prompt.
go to start > run > cmd > enter.
Then in the window that opens type
netstat -ano and enter.
If you see " established " anywhere then your computer may be hacked.

To shut down the " established " program,make a note of the pid number. Then press control > alt > delete at the same time to open Task Manager.
Select "processes " then "view" then " coloumns ".
Tick the box for Pid (process identifier) and OK.
You can then find the pid number and close the program that is running.

Hope this is helpfull for some of you.

jfk
28-04-11, 17:06
One way to find out is to close all browsers , msn etc then open a command prompt.
go to start > run > cmd > enter.
Then in the window that opens type
netstat -ano and enter.
If you see " established " anywhere then your computer may be hacked.

To shut down the " established " program,make a note of the pid number. Then press control > alt > delete at the same time to open Task Manager.
Select "processes " then "view" then " coloumns ".
Tick the box for Pid (process identifier) and OK.
You can then find the pid number and close the program that is running.

Hope this is helpfull for some of you.

Thanks,

When i ve done the above its shown up that my firefox was the programme that shows established. Does that mean my firefox have been hack? Am sorry if the question sound stupid.

notanotherone
28-04-11, 17:30
mines was apple

pooface
28-04-11, 19:04
All that does is display tcp connections which are currently active on your pc... In the instances above, firefox and apple were accessing the internet. In other words, firefox was probably downloading or doing something, and apple could be itunes, quicktime, safari, or anything ... all of which actively connect to the internet. So unlikely to be anything dodgy imo...

charliesen
28-04-11, 23:08
Depending on what apps you have running, you may notice quite a few connections to 127.0.0.1. You can usually ignore those as its your local 'loopback' device. Lots of processes use this to communicate with other parts of the same App.

Some apps like Apple or Adobe phone home supposedly for updates but who knows what other information they may be collecting