PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Portal - New Image (V4.8) Released

dfdream
03-06-10, 12:03
Anyone any idea why 4.8 is out so fast after 4.7 last week.

I havent updated openpli to incorporate 4.7 yet and now there is more.

Also I have noticed that my vu with post 4.7 openpli image has gone from 100% stable to 95% stable.

Im not tinkering with it either.

I've had 2-3 freezes and 1-2 device inflicted reboots in the last 2-3 weeks.

In record playback Ive had a few recordings that would stop in the middle or the options screen that appears at the end would come up at various stages through the playback.

One other thing is on media playback (I playback downloaded cnet content most days) but after a few days the audio on the downloads would stop requiring a reboot. The audio in recordings would not be effected.

Rytec epg would fail to update (2 occasions) and would be ok after manual update.

EPG data after some of the reboots and freezes above would be gone and require a manual download.

pooface
03-06-10, 12:08
Ver 4.8 Release note

Duo/Solo

1. Fix 4:3 video mode problem.

2. Turn off FAN at stadnby mode when there is no channel recording.(Duo only)

3. Fix udev problem.

4. Change mbox-dvb-modules.bb to download driver from vuplus server.
( ** All build trees are being moved to vuplus git server **)

5. Move kernel-module dependency to mbox-dvb-modules.bb from initscripts-mbox_1.0.bb

6. Clean up udev-static-devices

7. Internal test routine is added to e2

8. Fix framerate information(20100603 driver)

Solo

1. Change kernel configuration

2. Add ver 4.7 features

dfdream
03-06-10, 12:13
Thanks pooface.
I'd seen that.
But the question was why these were released so soon after 4.7.
None of the above seemed so critical to have another update within a week.
It puts pressure on the openplis, DEs etc to incorporate them once users see them released.

gareth41
03-06-10, 12:16
any chance of a fix anytime soon to enable recording/playback of radio channels on original image? im using VTI, can record radio but not play it back.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 12:20
any chance of a fix anytime soon to enable recording/playback of radio channels on original image? im using VTI, can record radio but not play it back.

Sent the report to: -

alex@vuplus.com

Likvid
03-06-10, 16:13
I have reported a bug to Alex:

1. Fix 4:3 video mode problem

Pillarbox setting for 4:3 ONLY works with 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i

It does NOT work with 576i which is the standard SD resolution for PAL signals.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 16:16
Try turning off Auto resolution.

I've never used Auto resolution and 4:3 has always displayed as pillarbox, so tbh I wondered what that fix was for lol!

Likvid
03-06-10, 16:55
Try turning off Auto resolution.

I've never used Auto resolution and 4:3 has always displayed as pillarbox, so tbh I wondered what that fix was for lol!

But i need autoresolution, otherwise i have to change resolution manually each time i change from HD to SD and back as i want to output native resolution of the channel.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 16:58
But i need autoresolution, otherwise i have to change resolution manually each time i change from HD to SD and back as i want to output native resolution of the channel.

Have you tested without? Ever since the new video drivers came out with the video enhancement plugin I've found the Auto resolution not to make much of a difference anymore to PQ. Well my opinion anyway.

mark_hopley
03-06-10, 17:15
Have you tested without? Ever since the new video drivers came out with the video enhancement plugin I've found the Auto resolution not to make much of a difference anymore to PQ. Well my opinion anyway.
I agree. The video enhancment plugin makes the PQ much better and renders the auto res plugin unneccessary.

Likvid
03-06-10, 18:25

But you can't let the receiver output automatically the correct native resolution of the channel with only video enhancement plugin right?

ttt1892
03-06-10, 18:29
Mark, do you have your settings set manually of your choice? Or is default settings good enough?

Thanx.
ttt.

pege63
03-06-10, 19:01
At last a FIX for Turning off the FAN at stadnby mode when there is no channel recording.
I hope OpenPLI is going to get this to in there image

Sicilian
03-06-10, 20:04
But you can't let the receiver output automatically the correct native resolution of the channel with only video enhancement plugin right?

Why not? Its works fine here without the plugin enabled. Basically with the autoresolution plugin disabled the VU+ upscales SD output.

Likvid
03-06-10, 20:47
Why not? Its works fine here without the plugin enabled. Basically with the autoresolution plugin disabled the VU+ upscales SD output.

You don't understand what i am saying, i don't want any upscaling that is WHY you use autoresolution plugin to output the native resolution of the channel.

Likvid
04-06-10, 10:22
The bug i reported yesterday is fixed today with new drivers.

- Fix 4:3 video mode at 576i resolution

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

pooface
04-06-10, 11:41
How do you install the new drivers (sorry, bit thick here, and couldn't see a response anywhere on how to do it?!)

Sicilian
04-06-10, 11:45
How do you install the new drivers (sorry, bit thick here, and couldn't see a response anywhere on how to do it?!)

See here, this post give you the path where the drivers go http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?435-4.6-image-drivers&p=1764&viewfull=1#post1764

Don't install them on DE image as the image will fail to boot.

pooface
04-06-10, 12:46
What about vti image? Will that one work ok still?

Sicilian
04-06-10, 12:50
What about vti image? Will that one work ok still?

Yes should be fine with ver1.1

Likvid
04-06-10, 15:53
With original image you just copy and paste the new modules to the correct directory with your FTP client.

I am running original image and it's brilliant.

Sicilian
04-06-10, 16:51
With original image you just copy and paste the new modules to the correct directory with your FTP client.

I am running original image and it's brilliant.

Have you tried the Rytec Plugin with the latest drivers / original image? http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?200-Latest-Rytec-Milo-EPG-XMLTV-Import-plugin-r20

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?201-Latest-Rytec-channels-and-sources-files-to-go-here&p=4008&viewfull=1#post4008

Likvid
04-06-10, 18:00
I will try that tonight..

Sicilian
06-06-10, 06:50
Just installed Latest VTI 1.1, added latest drivers and Rytec EPG Import, everything working sweet. Fan turns off in standby :D

Monty
06-06-10, 09:05
Hi.
Is the fan "forced" off?
I stream from my VU at night, could the fan kick in if needed?

Sicilian
06-06-10, 09:38
Hi.
Is the fan "forced" off?
I stream from my VU at night, could the fan kick in if needed?

Fan does kick in when streaming through web interface, just tested ;)

Monty
06-06-10, 09:40
Fan does kick in when streaming through web interface, just tested ;)

Thanks for that Sic, good to know

pooface
06-06-10, 10:40
Just installed Latest VTI 1.1, added latest drivers and Rytec EPG Import, everything working sweet. Fan turns off in standby :D

Cheers for that. Might give the vti image another try again soon.

One question, with the Rytec EPG, can you use the pre-compiled epg downloads from other servers in the same way dream-elite does? Or does it have to create the epg data from the xml files (or however it is it does it)?!

Thanks again :)

Sicilian
06-06-10, 11:45
Cheers for that. Might give the vti image another try again soon.

One question, with the Rytec EPG, can you use the pre-compiled epg downloads from other servers in the same way dream-elite does? Or does it have to create the epg data from the xml files (or however it is it does it)?!

Thanks again :)

Read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?831-Guide-to-install-Rytec-EPG-Importer-to-VTI-image&p=4259#post4259

andyblac
06-06-10, 12:03
Read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?831-Guide-to-install-Rytec-EPG-Importer-to-VTI-image&p=4259#post4259

i dont think that's what he is asking, Retec's EPGImport plugin ALL use channels xml's for use with THEIR XML data tat then parses the info and import it into the epg, i think what he is asking is can it be configured to download recompiled epg.dat files ie from satmate like dreamelite image allows you to.

i have asked this very question here and on the Retec support thread but have got no responce so i would say no it's some that only DreamEilite know how to do. if they would share how there do it that would be great but for now i guess will are stuck with DreamElite if you want their EPG, which is a real shame but i like PLi image better.

andy.

Sicilian
06-06-10, 12:06
I did understand the question. I posted the above as the only alternative :)

Rytec EPG Importer cannot be used to import satmate epg.

I'll start a thread for the missing EPG channels in the Rytec EPG import so we can get a list together and I can forward them to Rytec.

andyblac
06-06-10, 12:14
I did understand the question. I posted the above as the only alternative :)

Rytec EPG Importer cannot be used to import satmate epg.

I'll start a thread for the missing EPG channels in the Rytec EPG import so we can get a list together and I can forward them to Rytec.

that would be cool, and may be if we all ask for a 7 day epg he may consider that as well, as he only does 5 atm :)

andy.

Sicilian
06-06-10, 12:21
that would be cool, and may be if we all ask for a 7 day epg he may consider that as well, as he only does 5 atm :)

andy.

I'm pretty sure, that the satmate EPG only has 5 days on many sky channels.

Btw I'm pretty sure you can use the satmate epg without the Rytec Plugin, but you would have to manually download the Satmate epg.dat file from Satmate site and ftp it to the root of your HDD, then reboot to populate the EPG using that dat file.
http://www.epg.satmate.co.uk/

andyblac
06-06-10, 12:36
I'm pretty sure, that the satmate EPG only has 5 days on many sky channels.

Btw I'm pretty sure you can use the satmate epg without the Rytec Plugin, but you would have to manually download the Satmate epg.dat file from Satmate site and ftp it to the root of your HDD, then reboot to populate the EPG using that dat file.
http://www.epg.satmate.co.uk/

yeah, thats what i did for a while but doing it every day is a bit tedious. and i dont know how to use cron or enough about the duo to use do it in a script, ie i dont the commands to restart enimga2 and then enter sandy from a bash script.

pooface
06-06-10, 12:51
Nah, satmate has full 7 day epg for sky channels (both uk & it). Plus, I prefer the descriptions given by the satmate epg data...

Also, in the regional channels, the epg data is just copied from the london channel from what I remember when I ran it last time...

swedmaveric
06-06-10, 19:54
I have reported a bug to Alex:

1. Fix 4:3 video mode problem

Pillarbox setting for 4:3 ONLY works with 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i

It does NOT work with 576i which is the standard SD resolution for PAL signals.

I did the same in One month

Who whant the box to upscale if you are using a $3500 projector and a $3000 Plasma ?

You don't understand what i am saying, i don't want any upscaling that is WHY you use autoresolution plugin to output the native resolution of the channel.

I do :)

The bug i reported yesterday is fixed today with new drivers.

- Fix 4:3 video mode at 576i resolution

The problem is, that this new driver make autoresulotion not work :(

Have sent a report to VU+

The problem is, that I do not think those who is coding IMG knows anything about what we are talking about

Watching SD tv and 4:3 in streched letterbox (LOL)

I do whant SD in native and use my plasma or projectors scaler

Autoresulotion is one of the best plugin

I do not use any videoenchange plugin ( its terrible )

Likvid
06-06-10, 21:19
Autoresolution works with new driver for me, i have no problems at all.

Are you sure it's not working for you?

swedmaveric
07-06-10, 20:20
Autoresolution works with new driver for me, i have no problems at all.

Are you sure it's not working for you?

Yes

With new driver downloaded from VU+ site and Pli

Changing back to old driver autoreuslotion works but 576i problem comes back

swedmaveric
07-06-10, 20:24

swedmaveric
07-06-10, 20:29
Can not find how to edit post

You have to test with all options 720P. 576i and 1080i
zap to SD and then to 720p and its not 720p zap to 720p again and you get 720p