PDA

View Full Version : Force Record on Tuner B on VU+ Duo?

26-04-11, 22:25
Hi all,

I have a VU+ Duo with the 2.1 ViX image and Tuner A on a motorised dish and Tuner B on fixed dish pointing at 28.2E.

If I want to set to record something on timer on 28.2e can I force it to use Tuner B which is the fixed dish.

Today I had a timer setup to record something on ITV1 whilst I was watching SSports2 which is also on 28.2. When the timer started, tuner a kicked in with the motorised dish pointing itself to 28.2. Meaning I could not watch any of the other satellites as they all went blank as that was being used to record.

I was hoping if I set something on timer that is on 28.2 it only uses the fixed dish which is on Tuner B, allowing for the motorised on tuner a to be used.

Hope you can help.
Thanks

Is this possible?

dfdream
26-04-11, 22:29
Go to
Main Menu...Setup....System....Customise.
Scroll down to preferred tuner and change to Tuner B and see if that helps.

D

canthackit
27-04-11, 12:24
@ avatar7

hello mate
i've only just got around after a long while and i've set my tuners up the same as you, but i;ve not expericenced any problems on the timer recording side of things.
i must admit thought i've not tried force recording, and i guess by that you mean instant record on 28.2?

ususaly though on the timer record there is the option to select which tuner you want to record from, instant record option is by pressing the bottom red dot button.

regards: canthackit

27-04-11, 17:06
Go to
Main Menu...Setup....System....Customise.
Scroll down to preferred tuner and change to Tuner B and see if that helps.

D

Hi, I just tried it and it didn't work for me.

I set a timer to record on a different channel on 28.2e and I was watching something else already. Like before the timer started and it started recording from Tuner A which is the motorised. Tuner B did not zap :( Just before it started to record the motor icon came up and the dish moved to 28.2e.

27-04-11, 17:08
@ avatar7

hello mate
i've only just got around after a long while and i've set my tuners up the same as you, but i;ve not expericenced any problems on the timer recording side of things.
i must admit thought i've not tried force recording, and i guess by that you mean instant record on 28.2?

ususaly though on the timer record there is the option to select which tuner you want to record from, instant record option is by pressing the bottom red dot button.

Hi, Instant recording is fine. No problem there. When I instant record it records from Tuner B (28.2 fixed) fine. Allowing me to use motor to flick through other channels.

Only problem is on timer. If Im watching something already on 28.2 (fixed) and set timer to record something else on 28.2 it uses the motorised dish where I want it to use the fixed.

Larry-G
27-04-11, 17:09
i know this may not be what you want to hear but why dont you try it with the fixed dish as tuner A and the motorized dish as tuner B. this is from what ive read the best way to set the box up.

27-04-11, 17:21
i know this may not be what you want to hear but why dont you try it with the fixed dish as tuner A and the motorized dish as tuner B. this is from what ive read the best way to set the box up.

I'll get it a try now and post back. No harm in trying ;)

27-04-11, 18:18
Bingo, Got it working.

Fixed on Tuner A and Motorised on Tuner B.

Configured to preferred Tuner B, so uses motorised dish mostly when watching/flicking trough the channels..

Now when watching any channels its going to be forced to use the motorised dish and when your watching something on 28.2e your obviously already watching using motorised so timer recording will use tuner a which is fixed.

Thats good enough for me :)

Thanks all for helping out.

Larry-G
27-04-11, 18:34
Bingo, Got it working.

Fixed on Tuner A and Motorised on Tuner B.

Configured to preferred Tuner B, so uses motorised dish mostly when watching/flicking trough the channels..

Now when watching any channels its going to be forced to use the motorised dish and when your watching something on 28.2e your obviously already watching using motorised so timer recording will use tuner a which is fixed.

Thats good enough for me :)

Thanks all for helping out.

chuffed you got it sorted.

silverfox0786
28-04-11, 03:18
glad u got it sorted but i saw this too late there is a much simpler solution to this

just add a manual timer using green button or edit an existing timer ans scroll sown to tuner nad just choose what tuner u want to use for recording certain timers

job done

28-04-11, 10:45
glad u got it sorted but i saw this too late there is a much simpler solution to this

just add a manual timer using green button or edit an existing timer ans scroll sown to tuner nad just choose what tuner u want to use for recording certain timers

job done

Hi,

I tried this. I can't find the option of choosing tuner.

I press green button then add timer I can't see any options of selecting a tuner.

I've attached a screen shot of what I am seeing. Am I missing something?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

28-04-11, 15:19
Could you possible upload couple screen dumps please?

Thanks

Huevos
28-04-11, 20:45
Tuner B did not zapOf course it is not going to zap, that tuner is already in use. It only zaps if you set a zap timer, not a record timer.

stick50jr
29-04-11, 05:11

job done

Choosing the tuner doesn't appear to be an option in Vix 2.1.4? Does scroll to reveal any hidden options.

29-04-11, 10:50
Choosing the tuner doesn't appear to be an option in Vix 2.1.4? Does scroll to reveal any hidden options.

Nothing from what I could see am afraid. Which version does have the tuner options?

Huevos
29-04-11, 12:07
Which version does have the tuner options?None of them. Tuner selection is dictated by logic.

silverfox0786
29-04-11, 19:27
hmmm curious

its not in pli core

it was in vix 1.3 official image core

edit: just had a chat with andyblac and he will look into seeing if it can be added to vix 2.1
no promeses

29-04-11, 19:41
edit: just had a chat with andyblac and he will look into seeing if it can be added to vix 2.1
no promeses

That would be a bonus if that could be added. Be perfect for people who have Duo's with a fixed and motorised dish as inputs.

Thanks

mbo
01-05-11, 07:40
Hi,
not the same question but is there a way to force CrossEPG to use free tuner instead of blanking my screan while watching TV?
It is strange that this is not the default behavior...

Thanks

punisher
01-05-11, 07:43
Just set it to update in early morning as i do so it doesnt interfere wen watching tv during the day. Ive set it to update every hour in standby. Never had to touch the settings after that as epg works perfect

mbo
01-05-11, 07:49
Just set it to update in early morning as i do so it doesnt interfere wen watching tv during the day. Ive set it to update every hour in standby. Never had to touch the settings after that as epg works perfect

Yeah, thanks. I got it set at 6am but I watch TV at different times (working shifts). However set it to do loading in standby is a good idea :). I was bit supprised by the way it is done because I was using HTPC till recently and that was how the PC behaves.

Cheers

punisher
01-05-11, 11:16
No problems mate. Its easier and more conveniant for me to put it this way as i get no moanin family members everytime the epg tries to update lol

01-05-11, 16:46
A little off topic but how long does epg take to update. I've got ticked about 6 providers. UK, ITA, POL, Ger, etc. Takes about 30 mins.

Is this right? Most time is the parsing events period.

punisher
01-05-11, 17:12
hmm not sure as ive only got 1 provider and that only takes 1minute or so max ... i guess the more you have the longer but there will be some here who might be able to answer your question ... 30minutes to me though seems a long time

01-05-11, 18:29
Are you able to post details of your cross epg configuration settings? Mines takes ages. I first tried 1 provider. Took like 5 minutes. Longest part was parsing events...

Thanks

punisher
01-05-11, 19:02
my setup is quite simple, i think most default settings bar a few but screenies below

canthackit
02-05-11, 05:50
A little off topic but how long does epg take to update. I've got ticked about 6 providers. UK, ITA, POL, Ger, etc. Takes about 30 mins.

Is this right? Most time is the parsing events period.

mine on the 6 sats i use takes...............well you could build a house it the time it takes to download and parse, parsing that's what really takes the time, i tend to use the manual option and download them one at a time much quicker.

02-05-11, 11:36
mine on the 6 sats i use takes...............well you could build a house it the time it takes to download and parse, parsing that's what really takes the time, i tend to use the manual option and download them one at a time much quicker.

I've just set mines to update like at 4am once a day.

punisher
02-05-11, 11:38
I've just set mines to update like at 4am once a day.

Yeh that way it wont interfere with your viewing, unless u up at 4am lol