PDA

View Full Version : Compatible Images for TM800HD Question

colinski
23-04-11, 22:38
Are any other Images other than intended ones compatible with the TM800HD ?
For example: Could i install The DM800HD Image on the TM800HD etc ?
Thanks for any help.

bassethound
23-04-11, 23:07
Sorry you can only use images that are specifically written for the TM800HD

colinski
23-04-11, 23:19
Thanks for your Quick reply.

That's a shame. It would have been nice as the support at the moment on the TM800HD is a little lacking. It is new and hopefully will gain the same popularity some time soon before it gets boring.

I have looked at many forums for different machines and images etc and i am a bit of a newbee in linux though professional on PC and Mac systems. I would have thought by now someone would have written a script to set up these Linux boxes fully loaded or with optional preferences in a GUI. The box after all can only be used for so many but main few options that i probably shouldn't mention here. And there is nothing really out there to guide newbees step by step all the way to the ultimate goal and get the very best out of the box however legal or illegal it may be (Reference purposes of course)

bassethound
23-04-11, 23:31
The TM800HD has been on sale for nearly a year now with very little support from other image makers apart from UR team who take 1 step forward and 3 back

and its very unlikely to be any other teams supporting this box soon!!!!!!!

if you are looking for a well supported box you cant go wrong with a box from VU+ the solo or the duo both excellent box with fantastic support or a et9000 which is also a great box with less teams support but getting better all the time

Stanman
24-04-11, 10:10
I would agree whole heartily with what bassett has said, I bought 3 of these for friends and family and its the worst decision I have made.
There is support from UR with modded images by DW and DS teams but none of them really make the box as user friendly as the likes of SOLO, DUO or ET9000, I mention those 3 as thats what I have apart from a DM7020, which is too long in the tooth now to be a consideration for a new box.

I know we are on the VIX board but I would say this on other boards as will, those boxes with the VIX image on it is probably the best box you can have for sat viewing etc.

Sicilian
26-04-11, 19:09
Never say never to ViX image for the TM800. Personally I dont think its a bad receiver, just things like plugins etc...aren't as easy to install as some other receivers, just a bit of telnet knowledge required, but for watching HD satellite TV I think it does its job spot on.