PDA

View Full Version : Tuner config issues

rob76
23-04-11, 17:45
Hi,

After reflashing it seems that my tuners are not picking up signals as expected. For starters the system time is set to 01/01/01 00:00 and whenever I zap to a channel I get a message saying "tune failed".

I've had this in the past after reflashing and eventually everything goes in fine. This time though seems like it's not gonna come good. My satellites.xml is fine and I got a lock on the sat signal.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Rob

punisher
23-04-11, 17:47
Try doing a scan on ur local satellite and puttin it on one the channels and then doin a reboot.

rob76
23-04-11, 18:42
weird...was playing around with tuner configs out of desperation and everything came in suddenly. my setup is simple so I'm sure I didn't change anything and this has also happened before.

hope not like but next time it happens I'll try your suggestions Punisher.

punisher
23-04-11, 18:45
Yeh its strange, happened to me after a reflash but comes back randomly lol but if it doesnt a rescan on local sat and restart sorts it

Stanman
23-04-11, 19:05
Its happend on my DUO when it was only seeing the single tuner and a quick visit to the tuner set up and zap services brought it back to live. No idea why it went to sleep as it was set up correctly but the zap did the trick

kevdoc
30-07-11, 03:55
Sorry for being such a noob. But what do you mean by the zap menu? I'm having this problem on quite a few channels. Most of the time it says tune failed, but some channels it says "sid not found in pat" as I'm quite new sat (3 days to be exact lol) I dont understand this yet. I've used the forum search for "sid not found in pat" but it returned nothing. I have a vu+ duo. At the min it's only running single tuner. So tuner b isnt configured. Tuner a is as follows:

Configuration mode: Simple
Mode: Simple
Satellite: Astra 2a/2b/2d/eurobird 1 (28.2E)
Send DISEqC: No

This is how it was explained to me to be set up on one of the newbi sticky guides. Is this a common problem or is there something I've overlooked or is it just spontaneous?

Stanman
30-07-11, 10:15
SID in PAT some times occurrs if the channel is not broadcasting - try it with the kiddes channels late at night.

Could be your XML is corrupted, I would do a full rescan and see if you still get the problem

kevdoc
30-07-11, 17:02
I have tried at least 4 full auto scans and also manual scan of 28.2e. The channels that were showing no SID in PAT is now showing that tune failed instead now so maybe at the time it wasnt broadcasting. It defo is this afternoon tho. What's the XML? Is that what the scan list saves as?

EDIT 1: I also noticed on another thread that when you get that tune failed, check the all channels list and see if there is any duplicates. I have done that but still any duplicates there are is still the same.

Stanman
30-07-11, 17:13
download a new satellite.xml from here
http://satellites-xml.eu/
and than FTP to /etc/tuxbox on your box and try rescan afterwards.

kevdoc
30-07-11, 19:25
Il go ahead and give that a go, just one question before I try it. I'm using these enigma 2 settings below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2634-SGTFlipFlop-E2-settings/page5

Should I replace that satellites.XML with the one from your link also, once I do the scan and send the settings over via FTP then won't it replace the satellites.XML that I just got from your link with the one shipped with those settings?

Stanman
30-07-11, 19:36
What you can do is select all the sats in your bouquets and try it, but before you do that make sure you back up your box sat.xml file.

kevdoc
30-07-11, 20:03
Still the same problem, same channels mate.. I've looked for duplicates but their not working either. Most annoyingly is sky sports4 hd and sky sports news hd. Their the 2 thats annoying me. Lol. Living it and living it +1 either. And more. Not gonna list them all. Now what I will say is one of the channels that was saying tune failed last night is now working all be it very very poorly. Freezing n glitching shockingly bad with a SNR of around 3-5% 10 tops.

kevdoc
01-08-11, 03:33
Ok so ive kinda came to the conclusion that it's the poor positioning of my sat dish that's causing the problem. When I try a dm500 the same channels are very poor or not working at all... Would this sound plausible?

rob76
01-08-11, 11:21
Ok so ive kinda came to the conclusion that it's the poor positioning of my sat dish that's causing the problem. When I try a dm500 the same channels are very poor or not working at all... Would this sound plausible?
Sounds like you've isolated the problem there mate.

kevdoc
01-08-11, 14:51
It was the problem lol it's all sorted now thank god. Thanks for your input guys. I know nothing(yet) about sat positions so a friend came and adjusted it for me. All is good now.

Larry-G
01-08-11, 14:56
Il go ahead and give that a go, just one question before I try it. I'm using these enigma 2 settings below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2634-SGTFlipFlop-E2-settings/page5

Should I replace that satellites.XML with the one from your link also, once I do the scan and send the settings over via FTP then won't it replace the satellites.XML that I just got from your link with the one shipped with those settings?

SGTFlipFlop's bouquet packs are usually very upto date however channels change all the time and bouquets can easily be outdated within a hour of loading them.

i find that i upload a new satellites.xml file to my boxes around once a fortnight then do a rescan, it certainly wont hurt any thing by loading a new file.

kevdoc
01-08-11, 15:01
Thanks mate. I got it sorted, it was the poor positioning of the satellite that was the problem. All is good now.

funkflex55
16-08-11, 11:09
download a new satellite.xml from here
and than FTP to /etc/tuxbox on your box and try rescan afterwards.

I just used this thread and link to fix my box, box somehow deleted one of the satellites.
Cheers, :D
FF.

Stanman
16-08-11, 22:57
I just used this thread and link to fix my box, box somehow deleted one of the satellites.
Cheers, :D
FF.
When you go the site, you can select all the sats you want by clicking the box next to the sat name and your XML will have them in it. If its deleted any just go to the site and redo the download