PDA

View Full Version : Symbolrate Change

Chunkey
22-04-11, 12:08
Hi
Catseye advised of a symbolrate change on some transponders for Sky Italia, one of the channels I like to watch was on a transponder that had changed (Fox Retro). I loaded my channel info using dreambox edit and manually changed the symbolrate. I then FTP'd the amended chanel list back to my VU+ Duo but still get tune failed on Fox Retro. Is there anything else I need to change or can you advise how I can manually add specific channels. I can wait for catseye to upload the latest channel info but I am still curios.

Thanks in advance

Chunkey

Larry-G
22-04-11, 12:11
personally i'd just load a new satellites.xml file to the box and do a re-scan on that one satellite.

Chunkey
22-04-11, 12:17
Hi Phoenix

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunaltely I am a bit of a greenhorn when it comes to this stuff. Can you advise how to load a new stellites.xml and rescan just the one satellite ?

If it's a pain no worries I will just wait for catseye's new file.

Cheers

Chunkey

Larry-G
22-04-11, 12:21
you can generate a satellites.xml file from the following site.

http://satellites-xml.eu/

once you have the file copy it to
/etc/tuxbox/ on your box but make sure you make a backup of the original file first incase you either want to go back to it for what ever reason.

as for scanning the satellite, sorry i cant help as i dont have a VU and dont know the menu layout.

Chunkey
22-04-11, 12:32
Hi Pheonix

Cheers for the pointers mate, I just changed the symbolrate of the transponder in /etc/satellites.xml and all is working now.

Have a nice easter.

Chunkey