PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo vs Qbox mini HD

emkwrx
21-04-11, 18:37
I am interested in any views that members have who have had experience with the VU+ Duo and the QBox Mini HD. Looking for a 2nd twin tuner receiver to go with my VU+ Duo and was wondering whether it is worth it to pay the extra £100 or so to get another Duo or whether the QBox is just as good without the bells and whistles.

punisher
21-04-11, 19:10
if you want vu duo and qbox mini hd info then bassethound is your man, he has that setup. but you could go for the solo which is a fantastic box too or like you said pay a lil extra for the duo if you fancy it ...

Sicilian
21-04-11, 19:11
I am interested in any views that members have who have had experience with the VU+ Duo and the QBox Mini HD. Looking for a 2nd twin tuner receiver to go with my VU+ Duo and was wondering whether it is worth it to pay the extra £100 or so to get another Duo or whether the QBox is just as good without the bells and whistles.

The Qbox mini is a great receiver for the money, but dont expect the same performance as the Duo. Another one to look at it the Clarke-Tech ET9000.

pooface
21-04-11, 19:12
I haven't got a qbox to comment with, but basset has. So he'll be round I'm sure to give u his thoughts. But, last I spoke to him about it, the qbox was a good box for those competant with enigma2/linux/ftp/telnet. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, as u say. Also, first boot up takes longer than all other boxes, but once it's booted up, it's quite responsive apparantly (obviously not to same standard as duo/solo/dm/etc ...)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

bassethound
21-04-11, 19:33
The Qbox mini HD is a great twin tuner box (the second tuner is a optional extra) for the price :D

but its not a box for the novice as it take a bit of work to get the box up and running and it does not run cccam natively you have use oscam which is easy

the good news is that it runs like any good E2 boxes once it boots which is slow but its a lot faster with the latest updates 7 day epg works fine recording to ext hdd work great

emkwrx
21-04-11, 20:13
Thanks for the input, I have a little experience using Linux and CCcam but never used or experienced oscam. It sounds like it is a good enough receiver that has a 7 day EPG, is able to record, is below £200 and with a bit of reading could work close to the VU+. cheers.

bassethound
22-04-11, 09:01
the box does not run CCcam natively it uses Oscam/Radar which is easy to add all your details;)

mickbrush
22-04-11, 12:13
I have also had both the Duo and Qbox and agree with Baset its a great box for the money. I would also add that the picture quality is better than the Duo.

Sicilian
22-04-11, 13:56
I have also had both the Duo and Qbox and agree with Baset its a great box for the money. I would also add that the picture quality is better than the Duo.

I peronally wouldn't agree about the picture quality. I'd say about the same on my Panny plasma.