PDA

View Full Version : 4:2:2

Huevos
21-04-11, 00:31
Has anyone figured a way to stream 4:2:2 to a PC and then transcode to 4:2:0 and stream back to the Vu+ Duo in real time?

Larry-G
21-04-11, 00:38
in real time ? transcoding a data stream like that cant be done in real time without the use of some seriously powerful kit. and i dont think any of us have a super computer laying about just for that task.

jcm193
21-04-11, 07:35
Has anyone figured a way to stream 4:2:2 to a PC and then transcode to 4:2:0 and stream back to the Vu+ Duo in real time?

I`am kind of doing this and this is how i view any 4:2:2 stream via vlc on my pc and then my tv, ive got my pc connected to my tv via hdmi i just drag vlc onto my tv and bingo i can view on my tv.The sound is coming via my 5.1 surround sound set-up connected to my pc, it works well for me and its simple enough to do if you have an external graphics card with the appropriate output connection

pooface
21-04-11, 09:42
But what huevos is wanting to do, is run the stream from the duo to the pc, transcode it on the pc, and then stream it back to the duo... I don't think that'd be possible though, as could use a lot of bandwidth (guessing here as dependant on feeds I suppose), and also processor power...

Huevos
21-04-11, 11:37
But what huevos is wanting to do, is run the stream from the duo to the pc, transcode it on the pc, and then stream it back to the duo... I don't think that'd be possible though, as could use a lot of bandwidth (guessing here as dependant on feeds I suppose), and also processor power...There's a sticky on transcoding and sending over the web. All I want to do is send it back to the duo instead of over the web. The problem is when I access the VLC server from VLC player in the Duo it shuts the stream playing on the server. I've tried versions 0.8.6, 1.0.5, and 1.1.19...