PDA

View Full Version : no cc cam

bobd
20-04-11, 19:20
i have just installed vix image 2.1 but i cannot get the cam on the system it is not apprant in the vti panel can any one help please

pooface
20-04-11, 21:00
Have a look here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images) ;)

Zaxxman
20-04-11, 21:47
Hi mate, we have tried the ftp trick but it seems to want to install to a usb stick i think, anyway it fails miserably and also tried using the VIT panel and that says its downloaded but the cam screen is blank.

johndigital
20-04-11, 22:03
bob have you downloaded ccam and ftp to directory? its not in image automatically.

johndigital
20-04-11, 22:04
zaxx what directory ar you putting ccam?

Zaxxman
20-04-11, 22:10
putting it into the tmp directory

pooface
20-04-11, 22:15
Zaxx, what makes you think it's isntalling to usb stick?

If you ftp to /tmp/ as you say, then you should be able to go to vix menu, ipk installer, select the ipk and press green to install... This is very unlikely to install to usb, so unsure why you think it is?! So, if you can let us know what it's saying and why you think that :)

Btw, you will still need to include your own CCcam.cfg file ;)

Zaxxman
20-04-11, 22:30
yep no probs the cfg is already in the right folder, Bob is currently typing in the error log to the next post so we can see exactly what it says, I only had a quick read of it before I had to dash off to play footy. I have just had him try it again with CCcam 2.21 and 2.0.14 and also had him CH755 mod the two IPK files in the tmp directory before installing. Bring on the error log Bob.

bobd
20-04-11, 23:11
75827582not sure if the pics come out if not i will post errors later

johndigital
20-04-11, 23:23
when downloading ccam are you sure your downloading the ipk version? then dont unzip ftp to tmp, then go to vix and select ipk installer.

Zaxxman
20-04-11, 23:33
yep done that, in fact that ipk file worked on the vix 2.0 image.

Zaxxman
20-04-11, 23:37
yep done that, infact that file worked spot on wiyh the vix 2.0 image

pooface
21-04-11, 06:57
Can you try running a system update first?! Maybe you have an old package list on the box, which is trying to download the cam from the servers, which have been removed from the servers...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

johndigital
21-04-11, 07:05
when you go into cams is it it list, have you enebled it? when trying to enable does it give a message on scren? have you put your config file in?

punisher
21-04-11, 07:42
like pooface said, update your image... go into menu/system/software management/software update and do a full update as it looks like it is trying to download it from our servers ... why you are getting the usb error at the bottem i have no idea

Zaxxman
21-04-11, 18:41
I will try installing the image again tomorrow, maybe it got a little corrupted.

punisher
21-04-11, 18:45
yeh that might be ur next best bet. let us know how it goes

pooface
21-04-11, 19:08
I will try installing the image again tomorrow, maybe it got a little corrupted.

When u do, redownload the latest 2.1 image to rule out any bad download... Once installed and set up (before going to install cccam), do a software update to bring it up to 2.1.4... Then install cam...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

punisher
21-04-11, 19:11
dont restore settings either from your backup, try doing a clean install and just setting it up from scratch to eliminate any conflicts there too

Zaxxman
22-04-11, 12:11
ok guys will do, I am on my way over now to Bobs, will report in later. I am going for the ViX image but I see the VTi image is there as well, which is best?

bassethound
22-04-11, 12:56
ok guys will do, I am on my way over now to Bobs, will report in later. I am going for the ViX image but I see the VTi image is there as well, which is best?

As you are at the home of VIX team image there is only one answer VIX ALL THE WAY YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!

pooface
22-04-11, 19:11

lol, Bassett beat me to it...

As members of the ViX team, all we're gonna say, is go for the ViX image ;) But, as a sat user and enthusiast ... I would say try all the images, and see which image you like the best... The CCcam ipk from the 4shared account won't work in VTi image though... Also, go for the ViX image first ;) :p

Zaxxman
23-04-11, 21:43
Right all sorted guys, it was Bobs fault he had manage to download the wrong image and ended up with the girl and the green eyes (if anyone knows which one that is) So i stuck on the 2.1 Vix image and everything went on as it should. The only thing I couldnt get to work was the Cool TV guide as there wasnt a download for it so if anyone knows where I could get an Cool TV Guide ipk file that would be great. Thanks for all the help fellas it was most appreciated. At one point during the install the image did lose the HDD so I dont know if there is a problem with it or his box but it seems to be working ok at the moment.

bobd
29-04-11, 14:19
thank you all for the help

punisher
29-04-11, 15:52
Glad u up and runnin mate :D