PDA

View Full Version : Problem Turning The Vu+ On . Help Please

tinbin
20-04-11, 11:03
Hi every one
When I try to turn on the vu+ on it wont come on,I have changed the batteries on the remote with no success.
If I keep pressing the menu button or the ok button eventually it will turn on, the next problem is when you have had it on any channel for a considerable time it will not move from that channel without going through what I did to turn it on.

If I turn the machine off at the back off the machine and take the plug out for a while, then I turn every thing back on it will be perfect for a while. Another thing is when it doesn’t come on; it hasn’t updated the EPG through the night.
The image on the box is ViX 1.3

jcm193
20-04-11, 11:13
Have you considered backing up your settings and reflashing the box with a fresh copy of the image,perhaps something is corrupt iam sure it wont do any harm trying it if you have save your settings first

jfk
20-04-11, 11:25
I have this problem in the past just do as jcm193 stated above because that's whats fixed the problem for me. Give it a trial mate.

tinbin
20-04-11, 11:59
Thank you both for your replys,I am still a newbie with the box.How do you back up the settings on the box please and how do I reflash the box .

jcm193
20-04-11, 12:05
Menu/Software Management/Backup System Settings to re flash the box extract the vix image onto a usb stick plug it into the front of the box then turn off the receiver and turn it back in again it will then flash automatically.Reboot your receiver and start the install wizard it should say use existing settings,do this and reboot the box you should be up and running.You may have to reinstall cccam if you use that vis /temp if you use that good luck.

tinbin
20-04-11, 13:49
Thank you very very much m8, for explaining how to do it.

Stanman
21-04-11, 10:31
Its a good idea to backup your image before a software update or installing a new image, this way its quick to revert back if anything goes wrong