PDA

View Full Version : Needs help with storing cross epg, picon and timeshift on usb

jfk
20-04-11, 09:40
Hi All,
I am using open pli image on my vu + duo and just purchased 8gb USB pen drive. I want to installed cross epg, picons and time shift on the usb to avoid my internal drive spinning up while am change channels..

Any idea of how i can set it up and how i can instal cross epg, pcons and time shift on this usb?

Thanks all

pooface
20-04-11, 12:26
not used pli for a while, but iirc, when the usb is installed correctly, it automounts itself to /media/usb

Now, you need to remove any picons from the hdd (telnet or ftp in and delete them from /media/hdd, remove the whole picon directory). Then, use the pli feed, and download the usb version of picons. For timeshift, go to menu -> setup -> recording locations, and change timeshift to /media/usb

As for epg, access the crossepg menu setup, and change it within there...

jfk
21-04-11, 10:53
i will give it a go sometime today and let you know how it goes.

cheers m8

jfk
22-04-11, 18:31
i will give it a go sometime today and let you know how it goes.

cheers m8

Everything now working smoothly, no spinning of hdd.

jfk
22-04-11, 18:33
not used pli for a while, but iirc, when the usb is installed correctly, it automounts itself to /media/usb

Now, you need to remove any picons from the hdd (telnet or ftp in and delete them from /media/hdd, remove the whole picon directory). Then, use the pli feed, and download the usb version of picons. For timeshift, go to menu -> setup -> recording locations, and change timeshift to /media/usb

As for epg, access the crossepg menu setup, and change it within there...

cheers m8[/QUOTE]

Hi Prooface,

I have done as you quoted above and everything is working okay. Thanks for your help. cheers

Jfk

pooface
22-04-11, 19:07
cheers m8

Hi Prooface,

I have done as you quoted above and everything is working okay. Thanks for your help. cheers

Jfk[/QUOTE]

No prob mate ... glad all working fine :D

Enjoy this great box :thumbsup: