PDA

View Full Version : vu duo + new dish setup

chippy
20-04-11, 08:54
Hi guys,
I am going to change my dish and lnb but because the duo has a mind of its own and stops running the dish motor when it nows its not in-line I need to do a restart each time, how can I clear the positions to start over using usuals,,,is it clear limits ? then set east west limits again
the Technomate diseqc is also new,why does the duo cut the power to the motor when trying to setup the dish ?it lets me nudge e/w for a while and stops ?
finally what settings do I use for tuner b I have chosen 2 cable of motorized lnb

hope I have made this clear and you can help

chippy

chippy
24-04-11, 09:28
oh well thanks for looking anyway
chippy

portbhoy
24-04-11, 18:40
I think you need to look at your post again and maybe explain yourself a little better.

pooface
24-04-11, 19:09
As portbhoy said ... explain it a little simpler?!

Personally, I can't see why you should need a new dish or lnb, unless the others are damages/not working?!

As for setting west/east limits, why?! Best/easiest set up (unless dish/motor problems), is usals. As long as motor setup correctlym u'll bring in everything. If u know u cann go further west than 12.5 (for example), then delete all satellites further west from ur bouquets and sat xml... Simples :)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

johnnyyen
25-04-11, 09:34
i had the same problems when i set my system up ,i ended up getting a new motor fitted , make sure motor is compatable with usuals

marty
25-04-11, 11:03
My motor gave nothing but trouble last summer, I think it was getting too hot in the direct sunlight (ain't gonna happen in the UK :) ) has been OK since but changing the disn and/or LNB won't solve a motor problem :(
Thry another motor, they arn't too dear these days. If mine acts up again I'll one a bit better with metal gears in it.

Larry-G
25-04-11, 11:19
the site sponsor sells what is in my opinion one of the best motors going the TM2600. all metal geared with a very attractive price tag of only £39.25

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/cache/data/tm2600-250x250.gif

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/DiSEqC-Motors/TM-2600-Super