PDA

View Full Version : Elgato HD Skin on DE 1.3.2

supathug
02-06-10, 11:00
Hi Guys,

Anyone managed to get the Elgato HD skin working on DE 1.3.2? I tried installing it over the weekend to my image by downloading the skin from this site and then copying/replacing files to the required locations. After I tried to apply the skin I would always get either a GSOD or just an infinate reboot loop. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get the skin working on DE?

Thanks

Sicilian
02-06-10, 11:08
Hi Guys,

Anyone managed to get the Elgato HD skin working on DE 1.3.2? I tried installing it over the weekend to my image by downloading the skin from this site and then copying/replacing files to the required locations. After I tried to apply the skin I would always get either a GSOD or just an infinate reboot loop. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get the skin working on DE?

Thanks

DE1.3.2 wont take any skin. They have to be specifically made for DE image. The only compatible ones will be on the addons server. Press Green, then yellow for addons, then looks under skins labelled for the VU+ Duo.

grtmoby
02-06-10, 11:21
The boss did it first ;)

supathug
02-06-10, 12:34
LOL. Thanks guys - guess thats another one closed then!

canthackit
02-06-10, 20:08
Errrr dare i say it i think the boss is wrong :baby:

elgato i think you'll find in plugins and not addons:rolleyes:

gawd help me if i'm wrong:confused:

regards: canthackit

ttt1892
02-06-10, 20:39
Canthackit,I think you may owe the boss an apology :D.I can`t find it in plugins either.Or maybe I`m wrong:rolleyes:

ttt.

Sicilian
02-06-10, 20:52
Errrr dare i say it i think the boss is wrong :baby:

elgato i think you'll find in plugins and not addons:rolleyes:

gawd help me if i'm wrong:confused:

:nono: The Boss is never wrong :finger: (well not on this occasion anyway) :roflmao:

If you go to the normal Plugin browser, press Menu > Plugins > Red for manage extensions > Skins (once software catalog is updated) Theres a number of standard cvs skins, none of which fully work with Dream Elite image. Also Elagato is not one of them :D

Now if you go to Dream Elites E2 Green Panel, press Green Button > Yellow for addons > Then select Addons Download Manager > Dream Elite E2 Image skins > All the ones labelled with VU+ work fine. Also the BH 1.2 Army Aqua HD Lateral (Dream Elite E2) sin works fine. Again, Elagato is no where to be seen :D

ttt1892
02-06-10, 21:42
I personally use Black Cat for DB 7025.It gives me all the info I need on screen when I switch channels.

ttt.

supathug
03-06-10, 08:09
To go a little O/T - What skins do people recommend with DE. I would prefer something as close to Elgato HD but with a small picture of the screen when browsing through menus. What do you guys recommend?

Likvid
03-06-10, 10:36
That's the problem with DE, their images aren't the best and they are very limited as you don't have much to choose from except Beyonce in different variations.

Likvid
03-06-10, 10:36
Why can't you edit posts here? anyway i meant skins and not images above.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 10:47
That's the problem with DE, their images aren't the best and they are very limited as you don't have much to choose from except Beyonce in different variations.

Sorry dont agree with you there. Personally I don't think its a problem. There's more than enough skins in their addons feed to suit users tastes. Also your statement saying their images aren't the best is a bit bold imo, not what many others think http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?587-What-image-do-you-use Where it's lacking some of the old dreambox skins, its got more than enough other features to make up for it :D

Likvid
03-06-10, 11:02
Sorry dont agree with you there. Personally I don't think its a problem. There's more than enough skins in their addons feed to suit users tastes. Also your statement saying their images aren't the best is a bit bold imo, not what many others think http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?587-What-image-do-you-use Where it's lacking some of the old dreambox skins, its got more than enough other features to make up for it :D

Only reason DE is more popular is because EPG is already done for users, still OpenPLi is the best followed by VTI.

Have you tried VTI? there is no image with so many plugins and addons as VTI.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 11:07
Only reason DE is more popular is because EPG is already done for users, still OpenPLi is the best followed by VTI.

Have you tried VTI? there is no image with so many plugins and addons as VTI.

Yes, I've played with every single image :D

So what plugin's does PLi or VTI have that DE hasn't got? :confused:

Dont get me wrong, I'm not biased towards DE or anything, just think your statement was a bit bold.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 15:56
Found this on my travels http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?805-Skin-Elgato-HD-for-Vu-Dream-Elite-1.3.2&p=4096#post4096 Its not been tested by me.

Likvid
03-06-10, 16:15
Yes, I've played with every single image :D

So what plugin's does PLi or VTI have that DE hasn't got? :confused:

Dont get me wrong, I'm not biased towards DE or anything, just think your statement was a bit bold.

It's not bold, if you explored VTI fully you will see their plugins are plenty more.

Only thing lacking with VTI is that the settings plugins are not very good so it's much better to load settings manually from Vhannibal or whatever you like.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 16:19
Ok, but you still haven't stated what working plugins VTI and PLi have that DE doesn't have. Let us know so we can advise Dream Elite :D

Likvid
03-06-10, 16:56
Too many to list, just go yourself and look.

Likvid
03-06-10, 16:57
...and yes you are biased towards DE.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 17:01
...and yes you are biased towards DE.

:roflmao:

In actual fact my favourite image is OpenPLi, has been for many years :roflmao:

Hence why I put together the OpenPLi newbie images ;)

The main reason I use DE now and again is to help members with issues :)

Anyway this has gone off topic long enough so lets just agree to disagree :D

mark_hopley
03-06-10, 17:20
Well I for one prefer the DE image and one of the reasons is my preference for the darkshadow skins

canthackit
03-06-10, 18:56
@ the boss

please accept my sincere appologies, for daring to doubt you.

i'm am forever your humble servant:smiley_yup:

knew deep down i'd regret it:rolleyes:

Sicilian
03-06-10, 19:58
@ the boss

please accept my sincere appologies, for daring to doubt you.

i'm am forever your humble servant:smiley_yup:

knew deep down i'd regret it:rolleyes:

You are forgiven my humble servant :roflmao:

tomthebomb1968
04-06-10, 02:33
This is my own particular fav Skin. Ghost from Army

canthackit
04-06-10, 09:35
there's 2 decent skins only in my opinon that is for DE.

beyonce EX
and my top fav
DMConnicity

thats' what i reckon anyway:D

pooface
04-06-10, 11:37
there's 2 decent skins only in my opinon that is for DE.

beyonce EX
and my top fav
DMConnicity

thats' what i reckon anyway:D

Is that one available for the vu+? Had it on the dm800, but not seen it available for the vu+, and thought I'd read that the 800 version wasn't compatible?! If you have a link to a download for the vu+ I'd appreciate it :)

grtmoby
04-06-10, 11:53
hope this is what u r looking for

Sicilian
04-06-10, 11:55
hope this is what u r looking for

Do you know what image that skin has been compiled for? Not all skins will work with all images. Take a backup before installing.

grtmoby
04-06-10, 12:07
bos... Guess u mean "Not" and not "Now" all skins will work with all images, right?

anyway, i am at work ;)

and so will try to test it when i am back home and will post the results if no body does it before me....

canthackit
04-06-10, 15:47
@ boss
the version i've got came from capa himself (modded) and posted on D E for the VU+ Duo, so if that's the one grtmoby has then it'ds defo ok, as i say i've got it running on mine, faultlessly.

let's see if i'm right this time :D

Likvid
04-06-10, 15:52
DMconnicityHD is the best skin right now.

Sicilian
04-06-10, 15:58
@ boss
the version i've got came from capa himself (modded) and posted on D E for the VU+ Duo, so if that's the one grtmoby has then it'ds defo ok, as i say i've got it running on mine, faultlessly.

let's see if i'm right this time :D

Can you post the version that have working on DE in the skins section please http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?25-VU-Duo-Skins

nasser007
04-06-10, 16:25
Hi can you please tell me how you install the elgato hd skin on dreamelite thanks

ttt1892
04-06-10, 18:58
Where would I ftp this skin to? I`m using the Dream-elite image.
Thanx.
ttt.

canthackit
04-06-10, 19:48
@ The Boss

DMConcinnity skin uploaded guv'nor :eek:

canthackit
04-06-10, 19:51
Where would I ftp this skin to? I`m using the Dream-elite image.
Thanx.
ttt.

green button> yellow button> Manual Install Del Packages.

supathug
06-06-10, 09:47
Hey Sic,

I tried to D/L the elgato skin for DE but it seems the zip is damaged. Any chance of uploading it again?

Sicilian
06-06-10, 09:50
Hey Sic,

I tried to D/L the elgato skin for DE but it seems the zip is damaged. Any chance of uploading it again?

Just downloaded and extracted to my desktop fine here.

grtmoby
06-06-10, 12:50
Hey Sic,

just in case, if you are using any download accelerator disable it. sometimes it is the reason to corrupt files.