PDA

View Full Version : Update error ready to take a hammer to mini hd

MKD
19-04-11, 17:28
Ok got a bit of problem with updating , box came with an old version of file system so i wanted to update

turn off reciever

format pen1 fat32

format pen2 fat32

download qboxhd_mini_update_beta_0.0.58.tbz

extract qboxhd_mini_update_beta_0.0.58.tbz and place folder on pen2

insert both in back of usb ports and switch stb on

now i get the fancy lcd display with ip number etc but i get update error try again or contact support :( i have tried even without extracting the qboxhd_mini_update_beta_0.0.58.tbz file i get an extracting logo but after a few mins same again update error , on the usb with the firmware .tgz there is now a folder like it would be if i didnt extract the tbz file.

weird seems as thou its reading the pendrive and tbz file but cannot see the update folder it extracts :( tried different images as well and still the same error :(

plus the bloody update software from duolab don't work either :mad: failed to register a .dll file

please anyone

bassethound
19-04-11, 18:38
Try using Arthur BKP_QBOXHd_MINI_v0.0.56_V2_05-03-2011 i found this the best image i have tried so far

are you just adding the folder called "qboxhd_update" with the files inside to the root of the pen drive

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7111-Arthur-BKP_QBOXHd_MINI_v0.0.56_V2_05-03-2011

MKD
19-04-11, 18:48
Hi,
Extracting the tbz file automaticaly gives me the files in the correct folder . qboxhd_update/ 2x files and nor folder too

Just tried that image and still update error :( .

bassethound
19-04-11, 18:55
sounds like its your usb sticks keep the one that came with the box and try another usb stick for the image

MKD
19-04-11, 19:13
I have tried 4 sticks so far all with the same results. I'm running out of ideas now

bassethound
19-04-11, 19:27
im running out of ideas to can you try downloading with a different computer

never had a problem with win7 64x

MKD
19-04-11, 19:59
Tried that already , must be something else i can try before i contact sponsors here to send it back :(.

bassethound
19-04-11, 20:11
try re-formatting the usb stick with this tool

MKD
19-04-11, 20:40
Still the same mate , i'm out of ideas now :(

bassethound
19-04-11, 20:48
sorry i have run out of ideas to mate :confused:

world-of-satellite.co.uk
19-04-11, 20:54
Right take one step at a time.

Lets start with official firmware
http://www.qboxsvn.com/blog/?page_id=161

1. Format the USB stick that came with receiver FAT32.
2. Format second USB stick FAT32.
3. Extract the official firmware to your second USB stick so its in the correct folder structure. Top folder will be called qboxhd_update, then directly inside there will be a folder called nor then four files called Changelog, README, rootfs.cpio and updfate.sh. So when you go to the root of your USB stick you will see a folder called qboxhd_update, with everything inside.
4. Plug both stick in at the rear and power up, do not switch off until you reach the startup wizard after approx 5-10 mins.

MKD
19-04-11, 21:46
Got it sorted people , i had to re-flash boot image , now its all up and running . cheers for the help thou lads.

MKD
19-04-11, 21:47
Cheers, but done all that ;) all working now with flashing new boot image. took a while to get software working due to unregistered .dll,s but ok now

Right take one step at a time.

Lets start with official firmware
http://www.qboxsvn.com/blog/?page_id=161

1. Format the USB stick that came with receiver FAT32.
2. Format second USB stick FAT32.
3. Extract the official firmware to your second USB stick so its in the correct folder structure. Top folder will be called qboxhd_update, then directly inside there will be a folder called nor then four files called Changelog, README, rootfs.cpio and updfate.sh. So when you go to the root of your USB stick you will see a folder called qboxhd_update, with everything inside.
4. Plug both stick in at the rear and power up, do not switch off until you reach the startup wizard after approx 5-10 mins.

bassethound
19-04-11, 21:54
Glad you got it all sorted mate :thumbsup: