PDA

View Full Version : oscam update script?

cervot
18-04-11, 17:25
hi would some kind soul please post an auto update script for oscam for use on vix 2.1.4 img.

ta muchly :confused:

Larry-G
18-04-11, 17:27
auto update what exactly ?
do you mean the oscam binary it self or the card rights ?

silverfox0786
18-04-11, 17:44
yeah what you mean auto update i hold alot of scripts and dunno what u mean

u want binary build script

or binary update script

or config update script

or log clean up

which one

cervot
18-04-11, 18:30
i would like update to the newest version of oscam in whatever form that is, im kind of new to oscam so still learning, many thanks for your replies

cervot
18-04-11, 19:12
do i have to install a specific version and the script will update it or do i need to alter the name osam so there are no version numbers after it?

silverfox0786
18-04-11, 21:26
na mate

to update a new oscam u either find where to get it from

like here and manually place it

http://www.ump2002.net/index.php?direction=0&order=mod&directory=OSCam

or build it yrself and manually place it

i tried a script but it still means manually placingit somewhere yr self there is no way of pulling it from a wget command from a site

cervot
18-04-11, 22:27
ok cheers for the info your a star!! do you have a script to run after a manual install?

silverfox0786
18-04-11, 23:44
ok cheers for the info your a star!! do you have a script to run after a manual install?

i was writing the script myself but abandoned it as i wanted it as a wget

i will finish it off and post it here for ya

but it will be one that takes from the box and places in usr/softcam

personally i abandoned it as i dont see the point placing in tmp and having script move it is pointless as u can just place it yr self into usr/softcams rather than /tmp

but if u want it i will do it and post it

cervot
19-04-11, 07:31
many thanks that would be great, would it fetch the update to oscam with any name or would i have to change the name eg: oscam-svn4865 to oscam?

OldSkulRide
19-04-11, 08:56
Here is one script http://tekreaders.com/blog/2011/04/11/oscam-version-auto-update-on-dreambox/
It pulls correct version from .rar file on oscam forum and then puts it in the correct folder. Great stuff...

Problem is that vix doesnt use start/stop scripts for emulators , so this doesnt work. When i tried it i got green screen!

silverfox0786
19-04-11, 11:15
in the script change the start and stop to this

start oscam

/usr/softcams/oscam -b -c /etc

make oscam the exact spelling that yr oscam is

to stop oscam

pkill oscam

please be away with this script method yr autosart or any settings in softcam manager will not work and anything in there will make oscam unstable

as they really cant be used together

apart from that the script is ok to use as a standalone oscam pull

OldSkulRide
19-04-11, 11:35
Thanks for help but iam still getting green screen. Here is crash log:

silverfox0786
19-04-11, 11:37
Thanks for help but iam still getting green screen. Here is crash log:

you have a skin error with subplayer

[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin
warning, skin is missing element title in <class 'Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.plugin.VIXMenu'>
action -> WizardActions ok
illegal flag wfBorder!
warning, skin is missing element title in <class 'Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.IPKInstaller.VIXIPKInstal ler'>
action -> OkCancelActions ok
warning, skin is missing element list in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Are you ready to install ?)
action -> MsgBoxActions ok
warning, skin is missing element list in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Do you want to restart GUI now ?)
Console: executing in run 0 the command: /usr/bin/opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3.05_mipsel.ipk
child has terminated
pipes closed

yr not using default skin are you

Alias1
19-04-11, 13:19
i would like update to the newest version of oscam in whatever form that is, im kind of new to oscam so still learning, many thanks for your replies
Well if you a new to oscam find a version that works and dont touch it some of the newer ones are released with problems :)

OldSkulRide
19-04-11, 13:35
you have a skin error with subplayer

warning, skin is missing element title in <class 'Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.plugin.VIXMenu'>
action -> WizardActions ok
illegal flag wfBorder!
warning, skin is missing element title in <class 'Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.IPKInstaller.VIXIPKInstal ler'>
action -> OkCancelActions ok
warning, skin is missing element list in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Are you ready to install ?)
warning, skin is missing element list in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Do you want to restart GUI now ?)
Console: executing in run 0 the command: /usr/bin/opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3.05_mipsel.ipk
child has terminated
pipes closed

yr not using default skin are you

I dont know what subtitle player has to do with this crashlog. I updated it prior testing this new script and thats it.
And i am using Magix SD skin and not default one.

EDIT: Iam getting green screen with default skin too.

cervot
19-04-11, 17:32
seems like i have started something here, lol sorry silver

silverfox0786
19-04-11, 23:39
seems like i have started something here, lol sorry silver

na mate dont worry bout it got a crash log and we here to help

its being looked into

OldSkulRide
20-04-11, 08:47
I tested this script using telnet and it works without any problems! So there is an issue with script runner!

Here is part of the script that works for me:

# The location of your oscam binary
OSCAM_BIN="/usr/softcams/oscam";

# Command to stop the running oscam
STOP_OSCAM_CMD="killall -9 oscam";

# Command to start oscam
START_OSCAM_CMD="/usr/softcams/oscam -b";

# Use "mips-tuxbox" if you are on mips (enigma2) dreambox (Models: 500HD, 7020HD, 7025, 7025+, 800HD, 800HD SE, 8000)
PLATFORM="mips-tuxbox";

# Use "powerpc-tuxbox" if you are on powerpc (enigma1) dreambox (Models: 7000, 56x0, 500, 500+, 600, 7020)
#PLATFORM="powerpc-tuxbox";

pooface
20-04-11, 12:11
I tested this script using telnet and it works without any problems! So there is an issue with script runner!

Here is part of the script that works for me:

As I was just about to post ... it does seem to be a bug in the script runner...

warning, skin is missing element title in <class 'Plugins.VIX.VIXMainMenu.ScriptRunner.VIXScriptRun ner'>
action -> ColorActions green
warning, skin is missing element list in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Are you ready to run the script ?)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 193, in processDelay
callback(*retval)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/VIXMainMenu/ScriptRunner.py", line 86, in Run
NameError: global name 'sel' is not defined
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x18b0d50>>,()) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)
]]>

Thanks for posting

cervot
26-04-11, 16:58
any news on a patch for the script runner glitch?